LegacyGT.com

Battery Terminal Replacements and Bumper Clips

Hi people,

I have two questions that stemmed from me removing unused hitch wiring from the previous owner.

1) My specB's battery terminals are pretty much done. I can't fasten them well anymore. Has anybody done a battery terminal replacement, ie using off the shelf connectors with success and if so, do you have any recommendations?

2) I noticed I'm missing clips for my bumper. I'm wondering if somebody could tell me the position of the clips/the number of clips so I can match it up?

Thanks in advance!

My 1986 Ford F150 has had off the shelf battery terminals for many years.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

The body manual may have the answer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max Capacity,

That's good to know, I think I'm going to do that for the ground and just get an OEM replacement for the positive. Do you suggest one of those terminals that you just snip off the lug end and bolt the copper down?

5067n-hd-top-post-connector.jpg

I've heard bad things about those terminal ends, but they'll probably get the job done. Solder terminals seem to be the best way.

When I got an aftermarket battery the negative didn't clamp down on the post very snugly, turns out there was some kind of black plastic piece limiting how tight the terminal could go. I wonder if you have that in your negative terminal too? I don't have a good picture of the piece, but you can kind of see it below.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4233697&postcount=373

I had to replace my positive terminal in a pinch because mine corroded in half, and the only one I could get was a universal from the parts store down the street. It screwed right into the stud that the OEM terminal screwed into so the connection is not an issue, but it's way too chunky to get the red terminal cover to snap back down onto it. Other than that it works great and it was only $3.

Max Capacity,

That's good to know, I think I'm going to do that for the ground and just get an OEM replacement for the positive. Do you suggest one of those terminals that you just snip off the lug end and bolt the copper down?

5067n-hd-top-post-connector.jpg

I coating of grease over the connection will seal out moisture.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here