LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

The more I think about it the more I am thinking the LGT might be short of time with me...but then I go for a drive. Hard to say what I will do at this point, but it wont be this year. I have been looking at Lexus Gx 460 and 470s and I could get used to driving that every day for sure... maybe even a sequoia or tundra.

Took me awhile to figure out the gas tank on the loaner.. lmao. No lever to pull. It's a push-release mechanism within the actual gas tank lid. Anyways, the sales guy at the dealer was a dope. And then they appraised the FXT to see what I could get on a trade in and they came back with 20k, when the guaranteed number was 21k lol hard pass. Looking for 26k on the '17FXT touring w/eyesight w/30k miles.

...Lexus Gx 460 and 470s and I could get used to driving that every day for sure... maybe even a sequoia or tundra.

Whenever I think a SUV would be a practical daily I drive one and realize it’s not what I’m looking for in the driving experience. My wife has an MDX and that’s relatively spry for its size but still feels too heavy to me when driving spirited. I’ve had 4Runner, Murano, Sportage, RDX, Crosstrek, & Forester rentals and loaners over the last two years and the only one of those that was tolerable was the RDX and mostly because it would get up and go when hammered on. To me Foresters just feel like they want to tip over in corners. Over the years I’ve dailied a Forester, Wrangler, and Silverado, I always come back to cars...

Whenever I think a SUV would be a practical daily I drive one and realize it’s not what I’m looking for in the driving experience. My wife has an MDX and that’s relatively spry for its size but still feels too heavy to me when driving spirited. I’ve had 4Runner, Murano, Sportage, RDX, Crosstrek, & Forester rentals and loaners over the last two years and the only one of those that was tolerable was the RDX and mostly because it would get up and go when hammered on. To me Foresters just feel like they want to tip over in corners. Over the years I’ve dailied a Forester, Wrangler, and Silverado, I always come back to cars...

I went from a 1986 caprice wagon to a 1988 ram w250 to a 2001 ram 1500 to my forester then my legacy. I never had an issue driving any of them. But the legacy and forester were the most fun to drive. I just think its time to have a true 2nd vehicle, I checked and progressive only wants $600 a year to add a gx460 to our policy. That is certainly manageable.

VW touareg seems to keep popping into my searches as well. Reviews are spotty at first, but later models especially TDI are pretty good and towing capacity is excellent.

I also have my eye on a couple of local Tahoes, older ones are super cheap. I mean like $3k cheap in really clean condition, just a load of miles. Obviously I would factor in a trans rebuild maybe some engine refreshing too. This option would honestly make the most sense, but also be the least "fun".

I hope it was not burgundy. Those had the 5.0L V8 305.2cui
Ours was cream with the authentic woodgrain, lol. It had a 307 in it with a 200r4 trans, which I later switched out to a 355 Chevy with some massive truck manifolds and true dual exhaust backed by a th350. It was a beast, especially at the gas station, lol 10mpg no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8c9e33f2097badb569bfd69765aa0630.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy

That's like saying the Ford Fiesta has the best 3-cylinder on the market. I mean, okay, but it's still a 3-cylinder.

I gotta say that I agree though. My Crosstrek's CVT is the best automatic I've driven. That said, I would still want a stick for a fun fast car.

The last few automatics I drove made me feel like I was constantly having an argument with the transmission computer about what to do. The trek just gives me the power I'm asking for with the pedal and changes the RPMs to get it as needed. The simulated shifts are dopey to me, but I guess the anti CVT crowd like them.

Pulled the trigger on trading in the 17FXT for a 2017 Toyota Highlander SE AWD w/ 40k miles. A decent deal all around, but the wife has some remorse after enjoying the Forester the past year... tech wise and sleekness wise it was/is nicer. But the Highlander just has more utility and what we (will) need - space. Feel bad making her take on a bigger vehicle but it was either now, or having to adjust after the baby arrives. She still loves the Legacy, but @171k miles and w/out all the newer safety features we agreed she's better off not.

Wish I could have traded in the Legacy and we could float both payments, but I ain't quite rollin' around the dough like that (yet!) :lol:

Sometimes hard to let go. They become part of the family.

Agreed!!! There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t miss my fifth gen. Great car, should have never ever sold her. At least I know she’s with a good family and the new owner is taking great care of her.

Went to the KC auto show today and finally got to sit in a 2020 Legacy and Outback. Funny, I liked the Outback, but didn’t care for the Legacy.

The Legacy went back to the gooseneck style trunk hinges and they squeaked/made noise already. And I miss the extra room of a wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. With 144k miles, purrs like a kitten, and drives like a dream! Mods are so unnecessary with this car. It's pure in stock form. Just going to maintain her and keep her going. Paid $3300, deal of the century!

a222eef11a8868c0eff638234bc32359.jpgdf0bbaa934077c97524e949ed1defe84.jpg

Nice to see one unmolested and clean.
It is unmolested. I am the 3rd owner. Clean CarFax, no paint work ever and only 2 door dings. Some aesthetic issues as typical with old German plastic parts, but clean and solid overall.

I have seen a very mean Crosstrek with an FA20 manual turbo swap done on it by Prime Motoring.

So I will probably pick up one of those as my next vehicle. When the motor or Transmission dies I would park it and prep for that swap.

Only other cars I have been looking at would be the Kia Stinger but I don't want to get into car payments so the Crosstrek is more or less what my next vehicle would be.

We had 2 of those Crosstreks (2014, 2016). I really wished that was an option back then. Realistically, it was my wife's car and to her it is just an appliance. So we would have had the same ones we did regardless. :)

• I Donated
I have seen a very mean Crosstrek with an FA20 manual turbo swap done on it by Prime Motoring.

So I will probably pick up one of those as my next vehicle. When the motor or Transmission dies I would park it and prep for that swap.

Only other cars I have been looking at would be the Kia Stinger but I don't want to get into car payments so the Crosstrek is more or less what my next vehicle would be.

Yeah, if you think that's going to be an easy swap, I'ma have to direct you to all the threads on this very forum about swapping an EJ255/EJ257 into an NA 4th gen Legacy.

Hint: it hasn't gotten any easier as cars have gotten more complicated electronically.

Yeah, if you think that's going to be an easy swap, I'ma have to direct you to all the threads on this very forum about swapping an EJ255/EJ257 into an NA 4th gen Legacy.

Hint: it hasn't gotten any easier as cars have gotten more complicated electronically.

If you aren't particular about what works and what doesn't it's not hard to get the swap working. Lol.

I dunno, there's a difference between a vehicle that has a bunch of shit that's broken, and a vehicle that never had any of that shit in the first place. [emoji38]
I'm not sure I follow which vehicle is which in your statement...[emoji1787]

Jeep owner: stares at dead gauges and lights...