LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

They should work the same, my only concern is the actual fitmit of the bulb in the housing.

The problem is that the USDM harness does not incorporate the same wiring that the jdm pigtail does. Now if you can find a custom pigtail and socket that fits in the jdm housing, it’s possible.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep wasting my money on dumb stuff.

Bought JDM pre-facelift headlights until I sack up and buy the JDM facelift Outback front end that's on eBay. Also finally bought JDM facelift tail lights.

nXPbg7K.jpg

3Ed3Q2D.jpg

Still deciding on the rear garnish and whether I want the plain facelift JDM rear garnish, with something like the G Square cover, or the OEM waist spoiler on it. I'm thinking I'm going to get the OEM spoiler. I wish people didn't want so much money ($300+) just for the rear garnish.

6N0BwCp.png

thought I'd ask here. in the process of planning out the rear brembo brakes. was talking with an aussie friend and he mentioned that there is a difference between the tbsti black and gold rear calipers (besides color), but wasn't for sure what the difference was. I have the jdm tbsti dust shields already.

1937542472_ScreenShot2019-07-01at9_47_01PM.thumb.png.f1a03166baa983c4642868dac1d843b2.png

2003517186_TUNEDBYSTIS.20GTBW.20GTB2005-03-012007-10-01).thumb.png.151443428b1a2bc46d0ef378c8249674.png

Edited by 05MNLGT

I wish people didn't want so much money ($300+) just for the rear garnish.

6N0BwCp.png

You mean this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-SUBARU-OUTBACK-LEGACY-TAILGATE-BOOT-LID-TRIM-91711AG040-STEEL-GREY-C6Z/143283363841?epid=841750518&hash=item215c5aa001:g:nc4AAOSwS3xc-CCG

30 uk pound! If you can convince the seller to ship to you, you'll get this for fairly cheap.

thought I'd ask here. in the process of planning out the rear brembo brakes. was talking with an aussie friend and he mentioned that there is a difference between the tbsti black and gold rear calipers (besides color), but wasn't for sure what the difference was. I have the jdm tbsti dust shields already.

the diagram is tbsti; s.20gtb +w.20gtb; 2005-03-01~2007-10-01. My dust shields are from a 2006 jdm tbsti, which had black sti calipers. possible 2008-2009 had gold ones?

STI calipers bolt to these without adapters? And parking shoes go into 190mm diameter drum?

Picture maybe misleading but they look "normal" sized to me like on regular Legacy (in which case parking brake show diameter would be ~170mm).

You mean this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-SUBARU-OUTBACK-LEGACY-TAILGATE-BOOT-LID-TRIM-91711AG040-STEEL-GREY-C6Z/143283363841?epid=841750518&hash=item215c5aa001:g:nc4AAOSwS3xc-CCG

30 uk pound! If you can convince the seller to ship to you, you'll get this for fairly cheap.

I keep forgetting about UK eBay, thanks! Convincing sellers to ship to the US or even just respond in general is the hardest part. None of the breakers I messaged before ever responded.

Quite fascinating, since no other Subaru had this trailing arm/caliper setup.

I suppose regular STI Brembos should work; the 2007 USDM STI Limited had black ones.

Have any of you seen this two piece front lip for a JDM Outback front end before? Not sure if it's just some random aftermarket piece or an OEM option.

HR1l2KN.jpg

5DBjUtW.jpg

WRX USA and myself have these. These are OEM :cool:. Still have not installed them though :redface:. You're reminding me to do it!

Edited by xt2005bonbon

As for UK ebay sellers not responding, that's strange. I've had good luck with them in the past. I got a rear bumper sent from there for a very good deal. Currently contacting one of them for a crash beam. We shall see how it goes.

Just try USDM Impreza STI Brembos first.

Since you have the backplates/sheilds, just measure the hole distance and verify against Impreza Brembos. I bet they will fit.

Quite fascinating, since no other Subaru had this trailing arm/caliper setup.

I suppose regular STI Brembos should work; the 2007 USDM STI Limited had black ones.

i'll post in my thread once I get it sorted and verified that it works on the car. doing the full jdm tbsti/spec rear swap. trailing arm, calipers, shields, rotors. might do the 6sp swap at the same time.

IMG_0102.thumb.JPG.69efcbfb37a227e5ca668bb9b0646a02.JPG

Edited by 05MNLGT

finally got the bp/be jdm sti lip. beautiful, don't want to put it on. two minor scratches. also came with the lip protector (mounted correctly) and original paperwork and parts.

228660628_ScreenShot2019-04-01at11_20_54AM.png.9af93acb54091fd112b9e88fb9a2347e.png

2116078036_ScreenShot2019-04-01at11_21_17AM.png.5bd963ab68ef766b0497b6a71f321465.png

1495861034_ScreenShot2019-04-01at11_21_43AM.thumb.png.308d801c064642ff5f668d7a6d54fb79.png

Edited by 05MNLGT

• 4 weeks later...

What did I get myself into with this impulse buy? JDM 3.0R premium front cut (hid, leveling).

I have a SWP 05 LGT wagon with DRL deleted. Is the headlight wiring straight forwards? What about the additional features? Anything I should know before going into it?

edit: no washers

Screenshot_20190727-013828_Gallery.thumb.jpg.725557fef0f003a3238c39b1ebfa73b6.jpg

Edited by SAABaruu

And yeah, Infosecdad is right about the fenders.

did you get the front leveling sensor at least? did they include the leveling module in the engine bay and rear leveling sensor? i was able to find everything in ireland and the gentleman included the wiring harness for it all. had to do a small splice to the control in the cabin. you can also wire the headlights to manual leveling. i think that's an easier thing.

sucks about the fenders. those are cheap to buy in jp, but costly to ship. check with some of the imports on the west coast. they might have some. http://www.hkc-speed.com/product-category/vehicle-maker/subaru/legacy/

718405782_5664951835102.png.9218bf068433a7fb925815d23ef32ed5.png

Edited by 05MNLGT

It does not look like headlights with washers. Is this the actual picture of what you are getting?

yes thats an actual photo, I just assumed it had washers because its from a 3.0R premium.

If that's the one, I see a lip, no washers, and you would still need front fenders since it looks like they cut right through them and yours are different.

Fenders are included but from another car of course; fenders are JDM specific right?

Edited by SAABaruu

yes thats an actual photo, I just assumed it had washers because its from a 3.0R premium.

Fenders are included but from another car of course; fenders are JDM specific right?

hmmm. hope the other fenders are the post facelift ones to work with the headlights. post facelift fenders can be found in jp, australia and some countries in europe, like russia.

hmmm. hope the other fenders are the post facelift ones to work with the headlights. post facelift fenders can be found in jp, australia and some countries in europe, like russia.

any facelifted jdm legacy fender will work, yes?

Edited by SAABaruu

did you get the front leveling sensor at least? did they include the leveling module in the engine bay and rear leveling sensor? i was able to find everything in ireland and the gentleman included the wiring harness for it all. had to do a small splice to the control in the cabin. you can also wire the headlights to manual leveling. i think that's an easier thing.

sucks about the fenders. those are cheap to buy in jp, but costly to ship. check with some of the imports on the west coast. they might have some. http://www.hkc-speed.com/product-category/vehicle-maker/subaru/legacy/

Would getting the front and rear leveling sensors + pigtails & the switch in the car be enough? Is there a separate ECU running this system?

I can’t recall of the top of my head but there is a guy on here I made a harness for his s402 build. I know he has a build thread here

Thanks. I'll go with the manual leveling in that case then

any facelifted jdm legacy fender will work, yes?

Yes, any facelifted JDM/EDM Legacy fender will work. No USDM Legacy will work and JDM/USDM/EDM Outback will have the flares and won’t look/work right.