LegacyGT.com

Leaving the Subaru family :(

IcEWoLF

I expect to keep mine until around 100k, when the CVT warranty expires, which seems to be the only significant reliability concern for this car. We'll probably replace my wife's Forester in a few years, assuming problems start to crop up. I can't say whether Subaru will be on the shopping list the next time we need a new car. I am not a far of what they've been doing content-wise or price-wise, and I expect electrification to be a significant part of our next vehicle purchase, and Subaru is way behind the curve on that from what I can tell.

BMW=Broke My Wallet...

Congratulations on your new car.

I expect to keep mine until around 100k, when the CVT warranty expires, which seems to be the only significant reliability concern for this car. We'll probably replace my wife's Forester in a few years, assuming problems start to crop up. I can't say whether Subaru will be on the shopping list the next time we need a new car. I am not a far of what they've been doing content-wise or price-wise, and I expect electrification to be a significant part of our next vehicle purchase, and Subaru is way behind the curve on that from what I can tell.

I have seen 2010-14 Subaru and outback with 2.5L and CVT with well over 200K on them... the highest I saw was 264K on a 2010. outside of the initial issues with TQ converter bearings, they seem to be very reliable overall

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

Like what ?

Eugene see my post on here about the torque converter failure

My engine cracked and car is still at dealership.

Other issues seat squeaks again after new one placed.

Moonroof rattles have returned and now the front windshield as well as the rear also rattle from time to time.

The head unit frequently needs to be reset because it has a weird audio glitches with the Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth is a nightmare for me too, they replaced the head unit and still the same issue, only way I can stream music is by attaching the cable to my head unit.

Apple is probably to blame here too.

The squeaky seats, rattles everywhere kinda started getting to me lol.