LegacyGT.com

Marvick08GT's Ridiculous Build!

The block came back from Darton and was clearanced and assembled by Agile Auto.

Mostly Cosworth parts....

Will be using my current heads using GSC parts and OEM buckets.

Waiting on the parts to arrive from Full-Race:

EFR 7163 vband coating/blanket

Turbosmart Dual Port IWG actuator

4-port EBCS

BPV block-off plate

F-R up and down coated

F-R ELH header for EFR kits coated

I also was running out of fuel with the Dom 1.5xtr,

So I am using a DW440 brushless setup with PWM controller. Fits in the factory bucket with some modifications. Includes a new pass through connector and harness all the way to the controller.

Old AEM 340lph was 340lph@40psi / 260lph@75psi

New DW 440lph now 440lph@40psi / 380lph@75psi

Controller can also do up to 18v constant if I need more ( 620lph@40psi @ 18v ) :eek:

Should be enough, I wasn't interested in a dual pump setup or replacing the factory hardlines.

882498220_engine4.thumb.jpg.a98e8fd2b739d5639e7a023d55a51fb1.jpg

20210521_180711_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.a486e1ab14aacebe22de238d4ca22f5c.jpg

Edited by Marvick08GT

Thinking I want to add a FMIC, I don't like the removal of the crash bar. My tuner wants 2k to do a custom precision core and custom pipes/impact beam.

I saw ETS has a kit, but it removes the impact beam. I can install a watersprayer (3/4 done) that might be enough?

Tuner says will be fine with TMIC, but will heat soak after a few high boost pulls. Torn! Help! Lolz

closed deck vs sleeves , I'd go sleeves you can keep reusing the same block and just change sleeve after the season or whenever. Can you even sleeve a CD, i've never heard of a block thats closed deck with sleeves? I always thought with the ej25 people do one or the other? Or did I just fall behind the times.....again, lol.

closed deck vs sleeves , I'd go sleeves you can keep reusing the same block and just change sleeve after the season or whenever. Can you even sleeve a CD, i've never heard of a block thats closed deck with sleeves? I always thought with the ej25 people do one or the other? Or did I just fall behind the times.....again, lol.

you do realize all aluminum blocks are sleeved? although the oem sleeve is called a liner.

you can sleeve anything. or close deck anything. close deck tends to better for sustained high rpm while sleeving is better for high output. generalization only. once you reach a certain point, a forum is not your best source of information.

there's a limit to how many times you can sleeve an engine before there's no more original material for it to bond to.

I meant I never seen someone put aftermarket sleeves in a CD. I was talking more aftermarket sleeves not oem. CD blocks aren't meant to be modified... so you either get CD case halves or sleeve regular case halves, but I've never hear of aftermarket sleeves in a CD. Edited by Tehnation

technically Marvick could have his sleeved block sent out to be closed decked now that it is sleeved. But he could not close deck the block then have it sleeved later.

Also it would be similar to IAG's Billet Aluminum block found here.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

everyones so technical lol! Ok i get it, but lets be real, when you have a block thats custom made from a block of aluminum, you can adjust the design to accommodate whatever you want like the sleeves.

I was more talking about average joe with regular oem case halves, not a specific one off design specially made to have the best of both worlds. For regular oem case halves, I think both aren't done because of heat issues, cause now your gonna have thicker walls and less coolant flowing, probably not a good long term operation design.

But holy shit look at the thing its gorgeous but 16k.... no wonder its gold lol. Thats a down payment on a house lol

Hmmm now you have me thinking, whos running a sleeved and closed deck block? I just don't see it much, but i guess it doesn't mean its not possible, now I have to start thinking about getting me a closed deck insert and sleeve for my next engine build.

Edited by Tehnation

closed deck/sleeves fall in the "i have money to burn" category for a street-driven car. By the time you're stressing the block enough to need that, you are spending money like there's no tomorrow.

if you are looking for sleeved/closed deck engine owners, try a racing forum for engines that need it. nasioc for engines that don't.

In all fairness the willall block is custom made...

On a side note, ordered the Killer B water pump outlet and their new hard inlet (should have it by mid june).

https://www.killerbmotorsport.net/killer-b-motorsport-extreme-flow-hard-turbo-inlet.html

post pics? I got an email about this. And have something like this in a box somewhere. Seemed gimmicky until I looked at the current state of mine (crushed).

Update on the Killer B Inlet: pre-ordered it and they said mid-june. Called a week later they said early July. Now they are telling me mid september.. FML

In other news.. TurboXS front mount is on the way! :spin:

Had to be done, water sprayer helped a lot and will be moved to the FMIC.

Front mount arrives today, ordered a KSTech intake with heatshield to make it cold air specifically for the turboxs FMIC and the legacy body.

Also found a DGM non-turbo hood at my local junkyard and bought it($100). Will pick the hood up tomorrow morning.

This means I will have my Cobb with madrig carbon, full grimmspeed TMIC setup and my extended carbon scoop for sale soon!

Once it is all on, I just need to get an IAT bung welded on the throttle pipe and should be good to go for now. Probably be dropping the car off in a week or 2.