LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Yup, motor's coming apart. Caught elevated wear levels early, no chunks no contamination so on the easier side of fixes once I figure out why these bearings started to wear after only 18k (aside from how hard I drive the car). King XPGC rods and mains. Waiting on King to get back to me with their thoughts. Thread o'clock.

Guess I can fix my reverse gear while the motor's out.

Got the car back yesterday. Took it for a good drive this morning. Something isn’t right. I get a pretty bad steering wheel shake when the suspension unloads after moderate acceleration. There is also an odd feeling when the steering rack transitions from side to side when the wheel is centered. Maybe some air trapped somewhere in PS system?

No vibration at all until it starts to shake. The car tracks straight.

Did you have this figured out? Sounds very much like my case. Wonder if they have moved the front rotors during the install and now it is rust between rotors and wheel bearing mating surfaces causing this.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Resolved yesterday - new front rotors. I think the combo of lighter tires and removing the dampened steering knuckle gave significantly more feedback from my bad rotors. It was odd how it manifested itself, as it seemed worse when the driveline transitioned from loaded to unloaded. I barely felt any pulsation at all prior to the part swap. The rotors definitely fixed it though. The improvement is amazing. The car is so much easier to drive with the new setup.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Got bored waiting for POR-15 to dry, fixed one of my spare 5MTs since the motor's coming out and I might as well get a functioning reverse gear for the effort.

Thinking about working over a pair of IAG case halves I have sitting from a car that lost an injector. If mains are still good, they're likely tighter than what I got from the local shop that honed the ones in my current build (though those were in spec). Could send those halves off to get punched to 100 mm, closed deck and mains pinned while I wait for time to get into the car...

245/40 on 18x7.5 +53 wheels a good or bad idea for winter setup on OEM wagon suspension?

IMO 245 is kind of wide for a snow tire. I run 225's year round.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I agree on the tire size for winter. I typically get to go smaller like 205 then up to a 50. Just trying to buy used and came across a good deal. I passed on them.

However other epic news. Found these 5zigen GN+ ProRacers with 235/45 tires. Random brand called Velozza? Apparently a Chinese sub brand owned by Cooper.

With good tread on them I had to get em. Especially since a discontinued wheel much much cheaper than a set of 57drs I wanted. Kinda some similarities though.

Specs are 17x8.5+48 which is perfect. I'll either flipflop my BBS onto my 1stgen SS and run these or vice versa.

I'll have them redone to look like this.ee2bbfb964119a4673b08b95456a074c.jpg9988067b601b2b573ea218be8ec7317c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Resolved yesterday - new front rotors. I think the combo of lighter tires and removing the dampened steering knuckle gave significantly more feedback from my bad rotors. It was odd how it manifested itself, as it seemed worse when the driveline transitioned from loaded to unloaded. I barely felt any pulsation at all prior to the part swap. The rotors definitely fixed it though. The improvement is amazing. The car is so much easier to drive with the new setup.

Interesting that I also feel much more shake with lighter rims now that I daily Kosei's on wider Rt660s.

New rotors it is then for me.

Today… spark plug day. No video or walkthrough I’ve reviewed prepared me for the shit storm I endured. Well, my right bicep got a hell of a workout at least. Every plug was overloaded with antiseize to the point the threads were jammed up with the stuff and every plug came out one ridiculously tight 15° ratchet crank at a time. Broke the ceramic on #3 (unless it may have already been broken…?)

Replaced the coolant hose from the reservoir to the top of the turbo with a new OE hose. Replaced the 3” exhaust flange gasket that crumbled on the axle back exhaust.

Had to replace the rear passenger side outer hard line.. need new rear calipers, I have no functional bleeders.

Regardless, my P0303 went away and the car has brakes again. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also stupid me. I forgot when I sold my 3rdgen wagon I kept the factor snowflakes and they had michilen iceX on them 205/55. Guess thats a benefit to moving stuff around in the garage! Heard not all 16s clear lgt brakes, guess I'll find out : fingers crossed:

Hello people, new person here! Stoked because I have been umming and ahhing about doing my front grill black but found one in a wrecker today for $30. Dude that did it even did a decent job of it, you can barely see the sanding marks! The factory one was munted from.. something anyway, I can do it a nice deep metallic black at my leisure now I know the black looks mad.

Managed to snatch up some outer window seals, a door card and a handbrake boot as well. Innards are getting less gnarly by the minute.

Pic related but as I got her, have since removed the racks, polished the headlights and just generally scraped the munge off her. She has some pretty nasty paint defects on the roof and hood, looks like hard rain has eaten into the clear, paint seems ok. I have a decent idea how to attack it but I might go digging for a thread here, I'm certain there will be one (and if there isn't, there might be one shortly). When it's not too dark I'll get some updated photos and try to upload them.

berty.thumb.jpg.70b36b195f51a35692234853f630e113.jpg

Resealed OEM pump is in - 45 minute job start to finish. Sounds much quieter and happier than the remanufactured one. Steering feel is also much more consistent lock-to-lock. It looks like the reman one failed at the main bearing shaft seal. Grease from the bearing was oozing out at the race seams. Only thing I can guess is the failed bearing shaft seal was allowing AT fluid to push the grease out of the bearing but not entirely sure since the pump was covered in fluid as well. ~15 mile test drive showed no loss of fluid on the resealed OEM pump

Indeed! Hopefully I'll get to install or at least mock up the big brakes to see if the stock 18's will clear this weekend. Then all it needs is a new short block...think it melted a piston, it uh...runs...but shoots oil out the exhaust?!

Loving the sound/look of the STi Genome axleback

IMG_8964.thumb.jpg.82c568afd0c3ce40a9a5bf4c1e05c84c.jpg

They JUST edge out the Ganador Titan Titanium axleback I had. I like the look just a little more and they have a wider range of sound (which is good and bad). The Genome is quieter when you are cruising, but louder when you are on the throttle. The Titans are a little louder on average, but their tone at full throttle is heavenly, one of the best sounds (to me) from an exhaust.

I've realized that my favorite additions have been STi stuff. The seats, various braces, airbag cover, exhaust...

Someone go buy the Ganador Titans (and other stuff) from my FS thread so I can continue to make poor decisions and buy more JDM related stuffs... :lol:

(I need to block buyee.jp from my browsers...)

Ordered that LHD 2DIN panel that someone posted here couple of weeks ago. Now onto hunt for EDM radio with separate climate control unit.

Ordered that LHD 2DIN panel that someone posted here couple of weeks ago. Now onto hunt for EDM radio with separate climate control unit.

That would be me. I'm going to post some more photos later this week and a more involved writeup.

So 6k on my freshly built motor, and my halloween horror story is this:

Compression test on cyl2 - zero

Leak down test - 100% leak

Scooped the cylinder through spark plug hole able to see exhaust valve(s) very easily. They are not closing at all

Car will be towed back to engine builder to tear down and hopefully determine the cause.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

That would be me. I'm going to post some more photos later this week and a more involved writeup.

That would be great, thank you. So much good info passes on in these daily threads, hard to find it later.