LegacyGT.com

BL/BP Legacy GT Meaty Tire Thread

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possibly, I don’t have rear adjustable arms so I just had them match the front camber to the rear. Would probably need more fender pulling if less negative camber was used.

10k/8k springs seems light for track wagon? I see your clearance is nearly zero. Do you have scraping now? Under compression or hard cornering?

interesting set up KevinEdgar, and very nice

i m looking for news wheel 18 x 9,5

i think 39 offset will not need spacer from what i remember last time i calculated .

but definitely 265 35 tire is a nice goal to reach !

10k/8k springs seems light for track wagon? I see your clearance is nearly zero. Do you have scraping now? Under compression or hard cornering?

While I am building the car for "track use" it has only been twice. It's really just a weekend fun car. I wouldn't ever want to gut/cage etc this car. Are you talking about ground clearance or tire clearance? Ground clearance is fine as the car is not that low. Tire clearance was fine with the 255s on track after rolling and mild pull. With 265s a lot more pulling was needed and after some canyon testing I don't notice rubbing. Not sure when I'll take the car to the track next.

Also, the car was raised a little bit during corner balance.

interesting set up KevinEdgar, and very nice

i m looking for news wheel 18 x 9,5

i think 39 offset will not need spacer from what i remember last time i calculated .

but definitely 265 35 tire is a nice goal to reach !

Thanks, inner clearance might depend on coilover brand too. On the zeals and 20mm spacer there was still barely 5mm of clearance. Now that it's on fortune autos I should probably check that gap again. A part of me wants to step up to 265/40 just to get the speedo a bit more accurate haha.

Edited by KevinEdgar

Thanks, inner clearance might depend on coilover brand too. On the zeals and 20mm spacer there was still barely 5mm of clearance. Now that it's on fortune autos I should probably check that gap again. A part of me wants to step up to 265/40 just to get the speedo a bit more accurate haha.

First off, amazing fitment and determination! My 245s were rubbing even after 2nd pull, so you did some serious work to get those to work.

Second: That extra diameter (from 35 to 40) is going to make fitment that much more difficult. Don't do it.

You're actually closer to LGT diameter than Outback. I have a LGT ABS/Speedo unit I am not going to use for you to ponder.

Edited by rebourne