LegacyGT.com

GR STI vs 4th gen LGT

Coming from VAG cars (last was Audi TT) just don't do it if you like to wrench on cars German cars are like pulling teeth compared to a Subaru.

Everything needs a special tool , minature hands and you have to be a contorsanist to get to everything.

I really do love some aspects of German cars , mostly how solid feeling everything is makes Subarus feel like tin cans , but man it's just not worth it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Guy I know worked as a mechanic at Audi dealership; as side hustle he was buying trade-ins and auctioned cars and doing engine and tranny swaps... Had 3-4 Audis on his lot and after looking under the hood of couple of them I knew I will never wrench on a German car... too damn tight everywhere.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

And if I go EV route again, upcoming KIA EV6, particularly GT looks rather interesting among the competition. Decent looks and specs. And at least cockpit is not completely Elonized, although they dropped the ball with HVAC touch buttons. Lost opportunity to have fairly normal controls in a modern EV car. Has manual volume knob at least.

Everything else EV seems meh.

Edited by unclemat

I miss my 2004 STi like no other car unfortunately.

Sooo much fun to drive, but certainly not a daily driver in my opinion, which is why I went back to a LGT and wagon. But the STi was loud in all ways, 16mpg rowing around all day, 100% felt connected to the road and all parts of it, but an absolute blast to drive.. As a garage car (what my wagon is now), I'd sell my wagon to get my STi back at this point in my life.

Don't miss the insurance payment on it.

DSC_3123.thumb.jpg.c65274ada69ca6429992d1427c459aa2.jpg

Edited by BoozeRS05

Have you looked into the '12-'19 BMW F31s? I'm a smidge biased as I just picked one up recently, but damn do I really like this car as a DD.

Nah. Still a longish wagon and a 4-pot only, right? BMWs need I6 or V8 plants in them :)

^^^ time to look for another one amigo...

What do you think I started doing right after I typed the comment? ;)

I love my wagon, a lot, and it's pretty unlikely I'll sell it anytime, but I only drive it 100 miles a month and a GD STi would probably be one of the only cars that would replace it. I know Subaru too well to switch brands and NOT a fan of newer cars/tech, and I'm cheap

Volvo v60 type r or legacy 3.6r would be possible daily drivers for me in the future.

Edited by BoozeRS05

I have had 04 STI, then went to a 08 legacy 2.5i, 09 WRX, plus other subie, and now have a 06 LGT 5MT. I truly miss my 04 STI. It was a problem child, but it is the only thing worth even talking about 04-05 and 06-07 STI and the only thing worth even talking about. ) STI is still the king.

I really like my 06 LGT, but I think I want a daily driver EVO 9. I would tune it, DP, and that is it.

Were I a psychic I'd say you guys are suffering from "grass was greener and girls were younger back in my days" syndrome. Edited by SubOperator

Well yeah, the best car I had was my Lada-21061 with 1.5l carburator engine with 63 hp, 4 speed manual RWD, no AC. I was young and full of energy and hopes for the future :)

Took multiple 23 hr non-stop trips with it to Moscow and back.. Felt so good. 1K miles each way. Felt like I could take on the world and win.

Do I want to repeat that experience today in the same car? Hell no.

Well yeah, the best car I had was my Lada-21061 with 1.5l carburator engine with 63 hp, 4 speed manual RWD, no AC. I was young and full of energy and hopes for the future :)

Took multiple 23 hr non-stop trips with it to Moscow and back.. Felt so good. 1K miles each way. Felt like I could take on the world and win.

Do I want to repeat that experience today in the same car? Hell no.

Lada!? That's a luxury, man. I had a 1984 Fiat 126p with all its glorious 24 horses. 4 speed, manual, rear engine. Like 911, right :rolleyes: And I drove it ~1000 kms across Germany (and back) on Autobahn!