LegacyGT.com

S402 front end

MDMA

• 1 year later...

I'd reach out to @madrig and see if he does repairs. Probably be pretty hard to find someone else that even has a S402 CF lip let alone a broken one. I only know of 3 people that have one and you & I make up 2/3s of that total. @Zero1 also has an awesome S402 clone but I'm not sure if he has a the CF lip. If he does it's not listed on his build thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some local high end race shops/teams might have a good recommendation. (Pro sportscar teams etc). Though I know a couple years ago a guy traveled from Canada to do cf work on some Ohio based cars that were residing in South Carolina. Getting the right repair source could be complicated. 

• Like 1

The budget for the 402 wasn’t much(from Subaru) and the exterior styling distinctions were few. That CF lip was definitely on my list after I found the crack on the first one.. the pics below is the one I’m keeping. ( so I have two-heh. Don’t tell the wife)

id be happy to lend/sell it (the cracked one) to an individual with a large 3D printer or molding gear. Spread the wealth-so few lips for our cars.

5CEACE24-B14E-408F-B2FF-D3447B4BCAEF.jpeg

3A89CE9D-2A28-4217-B46D-91473FE4F71C.jpeg

Edited by ChicagoSam
  • Like 5

I have a friend who restores corvettes, he just bought a large volume 3D printer for making reproduction parts. Only issue is, with the size, it’d have to be printed in 3-4 pieces. Could be done, but I’d also worry about flex and cracking. 3D printed material tends to be very stiff. Better off making it with a different material or like the Bayson R lips (flexible plastic). Also with the cost of material and time 3D printing one wouldn’t be cost effective. Better off molding one and making it one piece…

Edit:I may be getting some fiberglass lessons later this year from said friend. If I do I’d be happy to see if I could make a mold…just couldn’t lay it in beautiful CF….😞

PS-digging the GN poster. I’ve got a soft spot for g-bodies.

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

I'd reach out to @madrig and see if he does repairs. Probably be pretty hard to find someone else that even has a S402 CF lip let alone a broken one. I only know of 3 people that have one and you & I make up 2/3s of that total. @Zero1 also has an awesome S402 clone but I'm not sure if he has a the CF lip. If he does it's not listed on his build thread.

Thanks Doc- and wow-what a resource Zero1 provided. really appreciate pointing me in that direction. Zero1 and I should have sister cars once I'm done.(if he still has it/threads been quiet as of late)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out.... I have a pristine S402 CF front lip in my closet. 🧙‍♂️

Currently working on updating my build thread after a very long hiatus. I still have the car for the time being but finances have put me in a position that I will likely be letting it go very soon. 😭

On 2/16/2023 at 8:08 AM, ChicagoSam said:

Thanks Doc- and wow-what a resource Zero1 provided. really appreciate pointing me in that direction. Zero1 and I should have sister cars once I'm done.(if he still has it/threads been quiet as of late)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Zero1 said:

As it turns out.... I have a pristine S402 CF front lip in my closet. 🧙‍♂️

Currently working on updating my build thread after a very long hiatus. I still have the car for the time being but finances have put me in a position that I will likely be letting it go very soon. 😭

That’s awesome you found one! I think a lot of people are getting I to that boat…I know I’ve been there a few times in the last year with my other projects but then I think how much I could get for them in the current condition they’re in and well…seems like more of a hassle than it’s worth…lol. Plus I’d be in the same not again soon after, just minus one of my cars that is never get back. Good luck! Hopefully things will work out in your favor so you can keep the car. That’d be a shame to have to let it go…

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 2