LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

I need to drop mine off for an axle boot and lower front ball joint. I don't think i can be bothered to DIY it. Since the wife is already talking about snowboarding trips, I figure the lazy thing to do is keep it another season (versus prepping it to sell) to keep the wear and tear off the VW wagon. I might miss out on this sweet chip car shortage price craziness though.

Android app. Yes, you need an adapter. https://www.btssm.com/?page=hardware

The developer no longer sells his own proprietary adapter, but there are other adapters which can be used, as described on the link above.

Been using this app for more than 6 years, and it has saved my butt many times!

I have an obdlink mx but they've updated it twice over the last few years. Has anyone confirmed if btssm works on the newer versions?

The ones on the site are getting harder to find.

Maybe trying to port the app to ios can be one of my coding projects....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since there's not much options for axle backs for the wagons what are some custom setups you all are running?

Seems like there are some JDM options like hks silent power, sti genome, blitz nur spec, etc floating around on ebay for 450-700$ which at that point I'd rather go custom.

Looks like borla is about all I can find. Otherwise I'd like something similar in sound to what Perrin offers. Since I've heard that on other subies. Invidia and nameless are a no go for my liking

I have an invidia catted dp with oem mid pipe and avo outback specific mufflers. Sounds real good and not loud at all. Just a little drone if under load on the highway but not bad.

The 06 has invidia catted dp and full 3 inch mid (no resonator) and stromung mufflers. Sounds real good too but LOUD :spin: especially when you push it.

Everything fits with a welder! Turn downs aren't too expensive if you can handle the idea of cutting stuff. I've thought about doing that eh the stp cat back. Main thought with that is everyone seems to love the stp.

I had grimmspeed catted dp, stock mid pipe with resonator and nothing else. Loud obviously but I liked it. Mid pipe hanger snapped on me though so put my stock back on but spaced out. "Hawgzaust" style. I'll likely get nameless mufflers (not deletes). If I get bored of that then I'd like to try stp and just throw in an exhaust cut out.

I think Maxcapacity has an actual custom setup he likes. And like I said, everything fits with a welder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is it?

I visited Gunnar this weekend to bring mine back. Also Hit up a Mariners game with him while out there

He was also doing a photoshoot for the Avants group. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Actually found a stromung axel back off an older outback at the junkyard with him. Scored it for 14$ lol

It was off a 98. Car also had a Cobb short throw and a pink rear sway bar that was noticably thicker. All I had was a screw driver with me lol. So I could snatch up those.

The mid pipe had been cut which sucks. Nonetheless an epic find. I had a stromung on my 3rdgem sedan and a borla rep header. Although that car was NA it probably is what got me hooked on Subarus nearly 15years ago. Sounded amazing like a Porsche. Will be nice to put on my 1stgen ss. Since that will need a fabbed exhaust anyways91f0e63bf46d6c1770c754496d994bcf.jpg56713fa35948d99c3ac68ab069c003f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

When is it?

I visited Gunnar this weekend to bring mine back. Also Hit up a Mariners game with him while out there

He was also doing a photoshoot for the Avants group. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Actually found a stromung axel back off an older outback at the junkyard with him. Scored it for 14$ lol

oct 10 at dirtfish. through avants.

https://www.avants.com/events/2021/10-10/wagonfest-2021

Considering that's a Sunday I should be able to make that happen fairly easily then! Be the first show I've been to in a long time. We'll have a Subaru meet at the dealership here later this month, so we'll see how that goes.

Went to a mustang show a week or so back. Foxbody turned a lot of heads but I didn't enter it into the show due to the caliber of cars there

That's wild! Ckwaters and I found Nameless muffler deletes up at the Lynwood Pick n Pull. He also scored them for $14.

Wagonfest info: https://www.avants.com/events/2021/10-10/wagonfest-2021

We'll be throwing a BP-Pre-Meet and head out to the event together from there. I'll blast out an invitation to Gunnar on here, but I'm not sure how often he logs in. I don't know him personally, but Kyle does so I'll text him to tell Gunnar and the rest of the men. You should tag along though.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

let's bump our dying thread :(

Just spent 700$ on a Lithium battery and a high quality Dual input DC-DC charger for the 05. Lots of money dang it, but I think it'll be worth it on the long run. This will be awesome to power up our accessories such as our Dometic fridge and portable shower. Will soon incorporate a small solar panel for longer camping trip too.

Link to dual range gearbox? Just curious.

Smog was due in March on my OB. I still have stock turbo to install and new PS pump. There's a picture of me in the dictionary next to procrastination.

I gets driven on Wednesdays. I have to move it from it's parking spot on Wednesday's for street cleaning, and then it's blocking the driveway, so later I drive it to pick up my kids that day, which makes them happy because they can have a snack in that car, while it's not allowed in my other car.

I don't even have a good story about the VW. VW and Evo both need oil changes, so I should get on that.