LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Ok so this is what I see…Next year, wagon owners from the NE go through to MI where we all meet to continue out west. Between all of us with ample storage space because wagon, we should have enough space for spare parts and tools so that any break downs should be fixable in parking lots

Or we make our own Legacy wagon fest at a more central mid western location

And sedan owners…sorry not sorry.

I like the idea of a national LGT forum meet - I would make time for this. We can plan an itinerary of scenic driving roads.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Come November I have literally zero free time. Just found out I got accepted to a coding boot camp.

I've wanted to do some sort of legacy meet up regardless since coming to the Midwest but covid and life. Anyone got a drone? Convoy of wagons through Montana would look phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armando does. Also has a Legacy!

I'm down for either. This is what PTO is for.

Whoops looks like you misspelled "replacing your entire suspension." Which I still haven't been able to take pto to do since February. Work travel means I can't do it this month and I'm just not positive I can pull it off in October either.

On that note, work had me on the back roads of west Virginia in a rental Charger last weekend. I've had better, but I was thankful it wasn't a Camry or something.

Made me realize there's more loose things on my Legacy. Like the shifter. I can move it 2-3" side to side while in gear. Thinking it's time to replace the rear shifter stay. Kartboy didn't last that long. 4 years / 40,000 miles.

I ordered the newly released KYB rear "strut-plus" shocks from RockAuto and they should be here in about a week. They are listed as a sedan application and I am installing them in a wagon so we will see how bad they sag. I do have 1/4" spacers I can throw on (and probably will right away) but if they are sagging too much I may try those LESJÖFORS springs they sell, instead of going with a larger spacer.

Has anybody else tried the new "strut-plus" assemblies in a wagon?

Not today, but this past weekend. Drove my 18+ month long project (glass out respray, full undercarriage strip & refinish, complete suspension restore front and rear down to every nut, bolt and bushing) some 500-600 miles round trip to Wicked Big Meet and back with no issues. Proud of myself for that!

Photo I snapped while setting up our booth during the sunrise Sunday morning

GFtQzyXh.jpg

And another in our parking lot at Bag Riders

pYzKvCEh.jpg

Full build thread for those interested, from its original intent as a fun and comfortable year-round daily driver to the form you see above: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/john-halls-2007-specb-daily-driver-build-259345.html

To put into perspective the amount of work I did on this car, here is the undercarriage. This chassis has about 185K miles on it

Nh88ZLah.jpg

Edited by BagRidersJohn

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

Instagram: @bagriders_john for more Subarus (and also my wife and cat)

All that West Coast Wagon Fest talk... Looked at the map and it's 45 hr drive. 3K miles.

We need to have one done here on East Coast.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

All that West Coast Wagon Fest talk... Looked at the map and it's 45 hr drive. 3K miles.

That's a lot of burnt oil if we do have a wagon convoy going out west

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Made me realize there's more loose things on my Legacy. Like the shifter. I can move it 2-3" side to side while in gear. Thinking it's time to replace the rear shifter stay. Kartboy didn't last that long. 4 years / 40,000 miles.

So the rear stay is fine, it's this linkage:

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/shifter-bushings/ts-su-473-torque-solution-solid-shifter-linkage-u-joint

Are there any other options available or is this it? I've got some bit of poly mounts in the drivetrain with a ton more coming if I ever find time to install it. This looks like I could tell the oil pressure through the shift knob.

Who in Kentucky owns horse property? Louisville is only like 14 hours from you. Is Kentucky nice? I don't much care for the south but I'll show up in a big ass hat.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/shifter-bushings/ts-su-473-torque-solution-solid-shifter-linkage-u-joint

Are there any other options available or is this it? I've got some bit of poly mounts in the drivetrain with a ton more coming if I ever find time to install it. This looks like I could tell the oil pressure through the shift knob.

If that's the part I'm thinking it is, I don't know of anything aftermarket.

Looks like TiC makes the same thing you posted. Idk if wrx ones are the same size though because I found these.

https://www.oakos.com/TIC_04-05_STI_SLB.htm

Looks like you can buy it straight from Torque Solutions.

http://www.torquesolution.com/Solid-Linkage-U-Joint-5-Speed-p/ts-su-473.htm

Ok so this is what I see…Next year, wagon owners from the NE go through to MI where we all meet to continue out west. Between all of us with ample storage space because wagon, we should have enough space for spare parts and tools so that any break downs should be fixable in parking lots

Or we make our own Legacy wagon fest at a more central mid western location

And sedan owners…sorry not sorry.

Definitely would love to see this cross-country trip take place!

If not, let's make something happen in a more centralized location for a LegacyGT national meet-up for the year 2022.

I'd prefer the former over the latter, of course, as it is conveniently set up for all wagon owners aready and has been established as a national event for the past long while now, bonus points as it's also closer to a chunk of us in the region :hide:

Separate thread started here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wagon-meet-up-2022-286821.html

MILKRUN  - Click Here

If that's the part I'm thinking it is, I don't know of anything aftermarket.

Looks like TiC makes the same thing you posted. Idk if wrx ones are the same size though because I found these.

https://www.oakos.com/TIC_04-05_STI_SLB.htm

I put the TiC STI ones on pivot on the inside (shifter pivot) and also TiC on ujoint just out of tranny in the hardest place to fit your hands!! Made shifter feel alot sturdier! For spec.b its “06+ shift linkage bushing” and for shifter its “6MT pivot bushings”

Edited by luckybullitt

On a different subject, I purchased a Kartboy spec.B short shifter from a secure online vendor only to have them email me there’s an error and it’s discontinued. However, the transaction went through yet they never refunded me even though order status says they did. This also happened to a fellow member on the facebook spec.B group. Just make sure when this happens that you follow through and make sure the refund is issued as I ignored following up on it thinking it was done automatically. Since it’s been over a year, Paypal can’t file a dispute, (I know, I was sure the refund was issued and I made other purchases so I didn’t keep track).

UPDATE; I edited my OP since as I have contacted the vendor and they are looking into it. I didn’t want to bash or anything but just make sure when you purchase online that you stay on top of things! I’ll post more updates soon

Edited by luckybullitt

On a different subject, beware of velocityfactor.net. I purchased a Kartboy spec.B shorth shifter from thier online site only to have them email me there’s an error and it’s discontinued. However, the transaction went through yet they never refunded me even though order status says they did. I’m filing through Paypal and maybe local authorities since I’ve never had a response from them. Also, a fellow member on spec.B group on facebook has had the exact same thing happen to him 3 yrs ago. They never removed the listing from their site in all this time! Suspicious, beware!

Sorry to hear that. But that does seem to happen.

Only thing I can say is, you need to only buy from trusted sites, if the price sounds too good...

I have closed my PP account after issues.

I'm not a big fan of using facebook either.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

On a different subject, beware of velocityfactor.net. I purchased a Kartboy spec.B shorth shifter from thier online site only to have them email me there’s an error and it’s discontinued. However, the transaction went through yet they never refunded me even though order status says they did. I’m filing through Paypal and maybe local authorities since I’ve never had a response from them. Also, a fellow member on spec.B group on facebook has had the exact same thing happen to him 3 yrs ago. They never removed the listing from their site in all this time! Suspicious, beware!

Booo.

Is it different from the normal kartboy shifter? Cuz if not Tom might want to know he discontinued his product lol.

In all seriousness that sucks though. Good luck in getting your money back. I've always had good luck with PayPal.

I guess it was yesterday, but I took it down to PIA to get the KTA124 installed.

Ran it next door to BTC to get a 3 year alignment.

Total cost involved was about $500 less than Regal, in Auburn wanted to do the install, and a 6 month workmanship only alignment. And Regal didn't notice that the OEM lugnuts were the wrong kind for the SSRs, so PIA hooked me up with a set of lugnuts that will seat properly.

Also, after PIA finished up with the KTA, they polished my headlights! They look really nice!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Looks like my HKS ELH is cracked somewhere - lost about 300 rpm of spool and can smell fuel on power. Interestingly enough, 300 RPM is less than the offset between peak boost and peak torque on this setup so the peak value in Virtual Dyno hasn't changed a whole lot. Definitely changed the trend to either side of peak, though.

Yet another excuse to get the big turbo on the car. I might actually do it some day.