LegacyGT.com

Jacking points

Hello all!

I am new to this forum. I purchased a white pearl 2014 Subaru Legacy a couple of months ago with 62k miles.

I was wondering if anyone could share pictures of where to place the floor jack to lift up the rear wheels and front wheels at the same time. I’ve search YouTube and the internet but haven’t found anything. I’ve seen reference to the cross member , but I have not idea of what that is and I don’t want to place the jack at the wrong point and damage the car. Visuals will help me out a lot. Thanks!

Welcome.

There is no way to jack the car up from one place if that is what you're asking. There should be info in the owners manual but lifting at the pinch welds is a good place. Use wood or a rubber block (think hockey puck) as to not damage paint. You can use the rear differential to lift both rear wheels simultaneously and then support with jack stands under the pinch welds or shock mounts. The front gets a little tricky and is usually done one side at a time. ALWAYS USE JACK STANDS, please.

Sorry, no pics.

Welcome and glad you could join us.

Your 2014 Legacy has a front jacking point below the radiator and in front of the engine, that would require a floor jack to lift the entire front of the car.

Once lifted, ensure you put jack stands under the suspension mounts before removing the tires or working on or under the vehicle.

You can use a floor jack under the rear differential to lift the entire rear of the car.

Again, once lifted ensure you put jack stands under the suspension mounts before removing the tires or working on or under the vehicle.

I don't know if your Legacy Manual is the same as my 2014 Outback Manual, but looking at the rear of the manual for jacking points (found in Section 9-6 in mine), and a picture of the pinch weld jacking points for the vehicle's jack that will enable you to change out a tire for another.

Whichever route you go, please follow all wheel braking and blocking and torque specs for remounting your tires.

Again, welcome, and good luck with your project.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yes, the black squarrish metal piece with three holes in it, in the center front, and the plastic is cutout around it.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The Factory lift points are the Pinch Welds which run along both sides of the vehicle. These clearly would lift both the Front and Rear tires on the side you are using the jack, and I would not recommend using them repeatedly for extended periods as it will add stress to the Hub Bearing as the weight shifts and pushes unequally on the opposite side tires. The best way is to use the small metal square under the front of the engine, I believe it is a part of the front brace/engine mount to lift the front 2 tires. And to use the rear Differential to lift the rear 2 tires. I myself recently realized these points as well and it does make it a whole lot easier to work on the vehicle.

Archived