LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I ended up going to Harbor Freight and picked up a set of punches. One is just the right size. I did end up pulling the crossmember off to gain access. Some were able to do it without though.
I grabbed a set of punches....no luck

Ended up using my air chisel....got the stock one off...struggled getting the old pin back in....pulled out the air chisel...pin went in, but the SSA broke....

Can't get the pin out again....air chisel just smashed one end of the pin, can't move now.

Broken SSA stuck on the tranny...my only hope is JB weld....I'm scared now

If this doesn't work I'll have to drill out the pin and who knows what else

FML

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly I used a really long punch with a socket and extension on the end. It was quite the task, but it did come out. Eventually, you definitely have to hit it with some authority and dead straight on.

The perpendicular post the holds the brass bushing snapped out of place. It was a clean break right at the weld point....

I used some JB weld yesterday to put it back and it's now cured for over 15hours.

Gonna try to put it all back together right now

Wish me luck

When you say you broke off the place the brass bushing goes to, do you mean the place you anchor the shift cable to on the lever? If so, then the shift lever is done - I would not trust JB weld in that location as a long term fix. When it snaps, it will leave you stuck unable to get into any gear, or stuck in whatever gear you were in.

Yep that's the part....I envisioned this as well.....I'm praying that thing doesn't snap before I can get it welded. The biggest issue is the SSA pin needs to be drilled out to remove it now. So any welding would need to be done on a hoist with the part still attached to the car.

It's working for now tho....I'm enjoying the drive.

I didn’t buy yet , but I had purchased some emblem overlays from emblemoverlays.com about 3 years ago. They never fit perfectly one side was always a little too short. Well the stars are starting to peel so I want to buy a new one. Any recommendations on where I can buy good overlays that will fit ?

We just dropped our 10% off E-tune Tax season special. Prices are live on the website at cryotuneperformance.com

Looking forward to working with you!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

We just dropped our 10% off E-tune Tax season special. Prices are live on the website at cryotuneperformance.com

Looking forward to working with you!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Bought them last week, but I just got a VA STI rear sway bar with bushings new for $95

WA5WN5W.jpg

A new set of rear endlinks

Stoptech Street Pads front and rear

Centric Cryo Treated rotors front and rear

Mini-H1 Projector Retrofit kit from TheRetrofitSource

New 18x8 Enkei TSP-6 wheels

General GMAX RS summer tires in 225/45/18

QTt12HP.jpg

I'll be happy to have the squishy snow tires off the car!

Was searching for the thread with the valve cover gasket and tube seal kit... but didn't find that.. so ordered them individually... $46 shipped for the 2013 2.5i.

Part Number    Part Name             Price    Quantity    Total
10966AA041    Spark Plug Tube Seal   $2.44    4           $9.76
13270AA29A    Valve Cover Gasket    $13.42    1          $13.42
13272AA24A    Valve Cover Gasket    $13.42    1          $13.42

Will give me something to do when they show up and resolve the oil in spark plug tubes problem. I'm sure my meat hooks will enjoy the cramped working condition again.

FRSport notified they are out of stock on 687 492 FM, despite their site saying it was available, and that it would be 2 months getting it from Cusco JP. Canceled and ordered at andysautosport.com for $139 (free shipping). Let’s see how they do.

Braces arrived today, +2 days from estimate but with Feb in the mix I call it on the nose. Hope to install next week during Spring Break.

Tein Flex Z full tap coilover kit + Tein EFDC Active controller kit. Cant wait but due to virus lockdown will not be that fast.

It’s interesting that Cusco and Tein both have a remote adjustment option but Koni does not. I emailed them about it and they confirmed it.

Now, if they need some test mules for a prototype system, I think I know where they can find some. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s interesting that Cusco and Tein both have a remote adjustment option but Koni does not. I emailed them about it and they confirmed it.

Now, if they need some test mules for a prototype system, I think I know where they can find some. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not something you normally change, unless you are doing a lot of weekend track days. I definitely would not want a firm setting for the street. Honestly the remote adjustment seems gimmicky. I would want to see some reviews on long term reliability.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I bought some Clic-R plier for all those hose clamps that our engines have. I wish I bought pair these pliers awhile ago. I have owned 4 Subaru and will likely own more in the future. (Some of the other cars I have worked have these type of clamps) I know some people prefer to just buy new screw hose clamps, but these make for easy removal and installation.

51Nu3fdLp2L._AC_SL1024_.jpg.6c1224a6f4feed774cb8467465cc372e.jpg

It's not something you normally change, unless you are doing a lot of weekend track days. I definitely would not want a firm setting for the street. Honestly the remote adjustment seems gimmicky. I would want to see some reviews on long term reliability.

It has presets and also automatic adjustments which depend on speed and G load. I purchased it as want to continue doing something with car, but not for sports use.

Another purchase - interior trim set which was shipped straight to my friend in China. He will arrange real carbon wrap for me, as carbon wrap is a way expensive here.

It has presets and also automatic adjustments which depend on speed and G load. I purchased it as want to continue doing something with car, but not for sports use.

Another purchase - interior trim set which was shipped straight to my friend in China. He will arrange real carbon wrap for me, as carbon wrap is a way expensive here.

Yeah, I'd hate to have to crawl under the car to change settings, the auto adjustments are neat!

Brunzo, why not just get the OE carbon fiber trim set? I may get a wood trim set one day, I have CF currently. The grass is always greener on the other side lol!

Yeah, I'd hate to have to crawl under the car to change settings, the auto adjustments are neat!

Brunzo, why not just get the OE carbon fiber trim set? I may get a wood trim set one day, I have CF currently. The grass is always greener on the other side lol!

I only need to pop the hood and trunk, nothing under the car.

^nice, I could live with that. But ya gotta admit, doing it all from the driver's seat would be even better! :D
I've changed mine once in 3 years, but it would be nice, the other question though is how do you know they all changed?