LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I agree about the flat black or carbon fiber being better than the glossy black. It was what I had on hand and was inspired to try it out. I figured the worst that could happen is I would have to remove it. I'm getting the windows tinted soon, so you won't be able to see it as much from the outside.:)

I'm also not a huge fan of the wood trim in the car and was thinking of getting some new trim pieces from Carid instead of trying to cover them in vinyl. I guess I'll see what i have ambition and money for when the time comes.

yeah, never hurts to experiment, and a little extra experience never hurt anyone for the next time they install. personally never thought the glue on trim pieces looked great--i'd just go to the junk yard and grab a set off a wrecked car before doing those...gonna be cheaper, and you can get the nice silver ones...could even probably get someone to ship them to you from car-part.com or the ilk. I keep planning on doing that, but never think about it when i'm at the junk yard...

One thing I liked about the Golf R, and I guess now the GTI and other Golfs, was the shiny piano black dash trim. One thing I didn’t like is how smudgy the shiny piano black trim would get without constant cleaning.

the finger prints and it scratches sooooooooo easily. after a few years they just end up looking bad. you can polish them out but man is it a pain.

One thing I liked about the Golf R, and I guess now the GTI and other Golfs, was the shiny piano black dash trim. One thing I didn’t like is how smudgy the shiny piano black trim would get without constant cleaning.

As a current owner of a '19 Forester and previously '16 Crosstrek , piano black looks cool but it IS a pain to keep clean. The only good thing is they both were/are my wife's so I do have to see it every day. I would probably keep a cloth in there to wipe it off every few days.

Y'all were not joking about how much of a pain swapping these bulbs are. Spent about an hour trying to go go gadget my hand in there before just pulling the bumper. Waaay easier.

Stoked on the new peepers.3a41510bd522c54233a0100c1d104a10.jpg3eac6e41384ad15b21e9766a354fdf89.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lookin good! always forget how good the yellow fogs look

lookin good! always forget how good the yellow fogs look

How hard is it to put in Fogs in a car that didn't come with them from the factory? If I have to re-wire my car and pull apart the dash and such, I'll probably just pass on the idea...

How hard is it to put in Fogs in a car that didn't come with them from the factory? If I have to re-wire my car and pull apart the dash and such, I'll probably just pass on the idea...

It's dead simple....I did mine shortly after I bought the car (Did my wife's as well)....total time was about an hour. I later changed them over to LED fogs.....that took about 20 minutes per side.

Our cars all come pre wired for the fog lights kit....all you need is the lights,bezel, switch and a relay....if you get the OEM kit it is a breeze. If you don't get the kit the only hard part to get is the bezels.

Edited by Scooby Fan

It's dead simple....I did mine shortly after I bought the car (Did my wife's as well)....total time was about an hour. I later changed them over to LED fogs.....that took about 20 minutes per side.

Our cars all come pre wired for the fog lights kit....all you need is the lights,bezel, and a relay....if you get the OEM kit it is a breeze. If you don't get the kit the only hard part to get is the bezels.

Now that I looked up the price for the OEM kit, I gotta pass for now :eek:. Definently not going to pay over $300 at this moment.

After a few days of struggle I finally got my car back on the road today.....

Since I bought the car in 2017 and joined this fourm, I've steadily accumulated parts that have sat in my garage.

With COVID-19 cancelling my vacation, what a better time to play mechanic.

Over the past 3 days I've been busy....

Today I did the clutch damper delete 2 years after buying the part. What a difference...I feel like I know how to drive a stick again.

During the bleed process I noticed the slave hose was leaking, tried to change it but one of the nuts is seized. Gonna have to order the line from the union to complete the job.

Before I did the delete I finished installing my SSA. The 90 degree post broke at the weld during install so that extended my installation time by 15 hours. Had to waited for the JB weld to cure... worked like a charm.....for now. I put in the brass bushing on yesterday as well so my driving experience is everything I want it to be.

On Tuesday I changed my bumper cover, installed back face-lift headlights, installed fog lights, and added the v-lip spoiler....

Looking good now just need some new paint.

4521d809b6ba21b385cface440231831.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Yikes!!! Is that actually the price now?? When I did mine I got them at the dealer where I bought the car...Under $200 Cdn....I think at the moment that is about $18.95 USD ;)

Yup, from what I saw the price ranges from $300-$500 :spin:

I'd still do it but I would search out the parts individually and go that way....I saw a set of the lights alone on the Bay for $53....the relay will be cheap and the bezels must be available from wreckers etc....good luck with it. ;)

If you want a pair of OEM fog lights alone, PM me and I'll work out a deal to send them to you....shipping may be too much depending on where you are. Cheers:cool:

After a few days of struggle I finally got my car back on the road today.....

Since I bought the car in 2017 and joined this fourm, I've steadily accumulated parts that have sat in my garage.

With COVID-19 cancelling my vacation, what a better time to play mechanic.

Over the past 3 days I've been busy....

Today I did the clutch damper delete 2 years after buying the part. What a difference...I feel like I know how to drive a stick again.

During the bleed process I noticed the slave hose was leaking, tried to change it but one of the nuts is seized. Gonna have to order the line from the union to complete the job.

Before I did the delete I finished installing my SSA. The 90 degree post broke at the weld during install so that extended my installation time by 15 hours. Had to waited for the JB weld to cure... worked like a charm.....for now. I put in the brass bushing on yesterday as well so my driving experience is everything I want it to be.

On Tuesday I changed my bumper cover, installed back face-lift headlights, installed fog lights, and added the v-lip spoiler....

Looking good now just need some new paint.

4521d809b6ba21b385cface440231831.jpg

lookin good, those headlights look slick. gonna have to bite the bullet at some point here soon...

I paid $207 for my OEM fog light kit in 2012 on ebay.

If you do source the parts from the junkyard, you will want a car that has the accessory fog light kit (in general & base premium models) for the dash switch. The limited models which came with factory fog lights have the switch on the steering column light stalk.

It's good to see the forum still surviving. I'm not fully done yet.. but fixing my custom bumper.

We are still kicking around. It's hard keeping interest in the red headed stepchild of the Subaru world (no offense to the red headed stepchildren out there :D).

I don't remember, what happened to your bumper?

It's good to see the forum still surviving. I'm not fully done yet.. but fixing my custom bumper.

90403911_10156633593331059_9091051232700661760_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=8AcKaNrgQ9wAX8NqxbX&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=1a7434c99bc9229e702fb6e5e2f0fb55&oe=5EA3EECB90250316_10156634211206059_4393827487419727872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=BnZ2aW2t9v8AX8a_Tch&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=d963009306c85819fc77cdc010af5faa&oe=5EA51A8B

And for anyone wondering what the "custom" bumper is (I'm sure you've seen me posting around)

91176448_10156633658796059_8253952361429467136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=NZXatp6ndasAX-lwyjr&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=a7803464a8dc16696297f6328b7c0231&oe=5EA2200A

Looking good .. . I almost pulled the trigger on those lights. Having second thoughts about not spending the extra coin now.

Nice! Curiously are those u shaped LED's the DRL's?

I rewired the lights to turn on with the ignition switch. So it's effectively DRL + Amber switch backs. I deleted the original turn signal location and added turn signal function to the high beam location. I also did a

TRS D1S 5.0 retrofit so didn't need the original high beam location anyways. So... The switchback only looks good at night... Sadly ahaha

Took my 10 LGT to the dealership to have my ebrake and airbag recalls done. I asked for a loaner for the day and dude comes out with a 14. I'm like dude I own one of those I really wanted a outback, but whatever. Things I noticed right away was the lack of power [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]. My thought the whole time driving was ,"OMG I've been reduced down to a lowly NA." LOL. Other things are it does ride stiffer compares to my 10, mine has about 62k miles and the loaner had about 50k so pretty close to milage on the suspension. And the CVT is LOUD, I mean I don't think I could live with it loud.

I had an 01 outback and that thing had wind noise, exhaust leak, the stereo never could turn off all the way, basically that car always had some kind of noise and the CVT was worse than that.

Of course here's me also thinking if take the loaner to my cousin's house (she has a 12 legacy) swap out the headlights and front bumper from the loaner to hers and bring the loaner back, would the dealer ship notice? Then of course I would be putting the loaner parts onto my car lol. bc3589de1111674e3140cad8386d59c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk