LegacyGT.com

More electrical problems...

slowurroll

Ok guys. A couple weeks ago I posted about a problem that I was having with my front turn signals and tail lights after installing LED front turn signal bulbs. With the LED's installed it kept blowing the fuse for the tails. After going back to halogen front turns, installing load resistors on all 4 corners and replacing the fuse again, the problem went away and I had both my front turns and tail lights working again.

I am now facing another problem. I bought an HID headlight kit for my low beams to replace my current headlights. I also got new LED front turns at the same time. I disconnected the battery, installed the front turns and HID low beams. Reconnected everything and started the car. The headlights worked perfectly. No problems there. Checked the turns starting with the left. No problems at first. Moved to the right and nothing. Back to the left and nothing again.

Basically, I have no turns or hazards right now. I checked fuses and the same fuse for the tails was blown. Replaced it. Still nothing. It had blown again. I swapped the front turns back to the halogen bulbs and replaced the fuse. Still nothing. Removed the HID lights and reinstalled the halogens. Still no turns or hazards. Swapped the aftermarket flasher back to the stock flasher relay under the dash and still nothing.

I turned the lights on and looked over the car and noticed something very strange. The front driver turn signal comes on when I turn on the headlights for some reason but the passenger side does not.

I am at a complete loss at this point as to what the problem is. The only thing I haven't tried at this point is the switch on top of the steering column or taking the steering column apart to check the wires for the turn signal stalk.

Has anyone else encountered this or has any idea what is going on? I'm really frustrated and about to move all the lighting back to stock and try to figure out the issue from there.

Scratch that. Got it figured out. I guess the turns weren't working due to the hazards fuse under the hood blowing. Didn't think to check since I didn't know the turns and hazards operated off of different fuses like that. Replaced that fuse and it worked perfect. I'm going to reinstall the HID's tomorrow to see if they cause it to blow or if it was the LED bulbs I installed for the turn signals.

Archived