LegacyGT.com

Drivers side front door won't open

My situation, neither the interior handle nor the outer handle will open the drivers front door. 2005 LGT.

I've seen various threads showing how to remove the interior door panel to access a broken handle, and I did that. but in my case I have a door opening cable that does nothing. It feels loose / broken in the sleeve, no resistance at all.

In this case, I can't fully remove the interior panel, and there isn't enough clearance at the front to unwedge it from the dashboard, so its pulled away at the back to gain access to the door latch mechanism. It seems like a white plastic block with the cables going in. Is there a manual release button anywhere on it, or something more forceful that will get this blasted door open. Clearance is very minimal. I've got until the end of the day to open the door! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2005 Legacy is doing the same exact thing. The only other symptom I have is that none of the lock mechanisms on the driver's side door work (not the keyless remote, not the key in the door, and not the inside lock lever. When pull on either the inside or outside door handle nothing happens and it feels as though the door is locked. I also pried the back of the door panel off and can get my hands in there to feel that little plastic box into which the cables run. But I can get the door to release and open.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I've got the same problem with my rear passenger door. The handles inside and out don't do anything however all the electronics work fine. The handle itself is cheap but I can't get inside the door to remove the door panel to access the handle. If anyone knows how to do this easily and for a low cost please let me know otherwise I'm at the mercy of the body shop to figure it out.

Pretty sure there's a thread about cleaning the actuator I read. Both my back doors have this issue but haven't got to it. The door panel will come off enough even with the door closed. Just a PITA I don't wanna deal with yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk. Mgs

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived