LegacyGT.com

5th Gen owners....who are we??

Ryan

20 years old

From Massillon, OH

Full-time student at Kent State studying Finance

Part-time County bus driver

2011 Legacy Premium 2.5i 6MT, 115k miles. Owned since May '17, with 106k.

"Mods": Window tint and a big touchscreen/bluetooth radio.

First car: '02 VW Passat. Garbage

Second car: '92 Buick Regal Custom, loved that car, but it was time to upgrade. Sold it when I bought my Subie with only 68,300 miles on it.

Just using the Legacy to get me through school + a couple years, then I plan to buy a WRX or STI.

Edited by rgeo13

Will

31 years old

Williamstown Nj

im currently a Tech2 at Drivetime, I was a B-level tech for Subaru for 6 years. Love the company, hated the dealership.

My Daily is a base 2013 Legacy 2.5i Metallic gray

Mods: fog lights

Konig 18 x 9s

H&R 1.3inch lowering springs

Mods to come:

Tint

Factory nav unit

takeda intake (for noise)

Megan racing axle back muffler (for noise)

rear spoiler

I also have a silver 03 wrx wagon stage 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ben 45 Dayton Ohio

Firefighter/Paramedic

First car 1983 Z28

First Subaru was a 2003 WRX

Current car...

2010 LGT 26K miles (acquired 2013)

Mostly suspension mods bc stock was WAY too sloppy. Planning on upgrading more parts as they wear out?!?

Rear sway bar

Eibach springs

Koni struts... thanks to this forums leader!

The craziest thing about this car is that I had to fly to Wisconsin to buy it...?!? No one was interested in helping me out. Then the universe tried to kill this car three time on the drive home. 1. Railroad tie in the lane I had just moved out of!!

2. Garage door flying out of a scrap truck!!

3. Box turn signal flying off truck next to me!!

The only warranty I bought from the dealership was for tires... since I had a 6+ hour drive home. Sure enough picked up something in a tire not long after getting it home. Took it to the closest Subaru dealership (not my preferred shop, but good enough to fix a tire) and they were all over the car! Offered to buy it the next day! Obviously they didn’t recall me asking them if they could get it shipped down here for me?!?

This forum is top notch and has helped me a lot, so thanks to everyone in the 5th gen forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco 32 from STL MO

Married for almost 6 months now

This is my first Subie 2010 LGT Limited w/ 57,600 flew out to PA to buy it and drove it home.

Mods are Goodridge SS clutch and brake lines, Perrin shift stop and clutch damper bypass.

I do all the work myself, working at a dealer helps with access to a rack. Oh yeah service advisor at a Quick Lane.

Parts awaiting install include timing belt kit, boomba short shift and torque solutions bushing. Plus whatever else I can get away with w/o the wife noticing,she likes to drive it from time to time. But my goodness the list is long! This car is my DD and must remind myself that regularly, haha!

Project car is a Lexus SC300 that went auto to 5 speed, turbo'd stock enigne, TT ECU, Supra rear subframe and brakes, coilovers, LSD, poly bushing all over the place plus tons more, all done in the driveway. Only things I didn't do were cylinder head work and rebuild the diff.

I don't post much but research like crazy, because I'd rather do it once and do it right then spend my money twice.

This forum is a HUGE help and would like to thank all those who put in the time/effort before me and shared their experiences.

Dylan

26 Born and raised in Boise, ID

Currently a Milkman(Seriously. I deliver milk and other products to customers' houses at night lol), but would like to get my CDL in the next year or two.

First vehicle was a 95 Grand Am, and (in no particular order) one 89 Chevy 2500, 00 Ram 2500 Cummins, 86 S10, 98 Civic, 90 Civic, 91 Integra and 99 Buick Regal GS later I'm on my current vehicles: my 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium 6MT, 91 Civic RT4WD wagon, and a 96 V8 Dakota Sport.

Mods to the Legacy are limited to Rokblokz mud flaps, a Megan Racing axleback, Rally Innovations rally light bar with 2 Baja Designs Squadron Sport lights, and 17x7.5 OZ Omnias.

2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited/Crystal Black Silica (w/ spoiler lip and splash guards)

Subarus Owned: This is the 2nd. First one was a 91' Legacy L. Auto and FWD. Headgasket blew. Trans was shifting rough, back struts were shot. Needed a lot of work. I was sad to scrap it.

Mileage: 40k miles.

Mods: So far just a K&N filter. Looking at wheels, different grill, an axle-back muffler, and some Whiteline differential bushings for next year. Later on, transmission cooler, 19-22mm RSB, not sure which yet and a retune for 93 Octane.

Wow, 2 1/2 years flew by. Now at 80k miles and a handful of mods later.

Never notice this before, I'll play.

37 male, Married with 1 newborn Son.

Live in Kansas City KS area.

Systems Engineer for Medical Software company

2010 Legacy GT

Purchase about 2 years ago with 90k miles and now about to hit 120k.

Performance Mods

Stage 1 Cobb OTS

Suspension Mods

20mm Outback Rear Sway bar

Eibach Pro lowering springs

20mm Spacers all around

New Rear Laterals need installed

New End Links- meed installed

Exterior Mods

JDM Rear Spats

Ebay Front Lip :)

Kid put a Damper on the rest of my plans but for now I am happy with what I got.

27519678898_4ca18657a3_z.jpg20170624_163223 by Dan D, on Flickr

27519678708_7981ffddb2_z.jpg20170624_163232 by Dan D, on Flickr

40226363405_528ab2bdf1_k.jpg2010 Legacy GT B/W by Dan D, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

Julian

34, Married, 6yo Baby Girl and (at this moment) 15mo Little Dude

Live in the hills of Los Angeles

Mobile Equipment Mechanic for USN (as a civilian) in Ventura, and 88N for USAR

2010 LGT Limited, 2000 Forester L, 2011 Ford Edge (Wifey's), 1997 F150 (long gone), 1993 Impreza L Wagon (long gone), 1997 Mustang GT (long gone), and my fav is my 1964 Ford F100 Short Box Fleetside (being used as storage until I figure out that build)

Just purchased the car. Had to have it sent out from Florida, because all the good ones out here kept getting snatched TF up. 127,4XX miles and bone stock.

Had tons of plans for mods to the car, seeing as its at the point of needing stuff D2 mileage. But just this afternoon the motor decided it wanted to cop an attitude and start talking back. Bearings are f***ed. What I was going to use for mods are now going to the motor, as soon as I settle on what route I want, and can, take.

Edited by Irishguy64
I had a brain fart

Welcome to the forum....always good to have more Subaru fans on board ;)

Thanks. Right now it's a total love/hate relationship I have with Subaru's, but that's because my sore-spot is still quite raw

• 1 month later...

62 years old.

Married 45 years. You do the math.

First Subaru but both of my sons have had one.

Live in Las Vegas and work at Hoover Dam.

Bought 2010 Legacy with 80K miles a few weeks ago.

Installed LED's including blue LED Subaru badge on trunk.

I have Subaru LED logo ground lights under both front doors.

No LED's for tail lights or turn signals but everything else.

Installed Kenwood stereo on the existing Harmon Kardon speaker system.

Below is my LED license plate lights as an example.

s-l500.jpg.96629d47bddfb85aaa1bbb25f2a0cd01.jpg

I am a person...I think.

I am 30 years old

Married for 3 with a baby boy due in dec

This is my 3rd subaru with a prius right before it (long story)

I should have made a build thread but never bothered

2011 3.6R limited FBO with an XRT tune

Super late to the party...

2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited - Carmel Bronze Pearl

Male - 35

Operations Manager for a Technical Recruiting firm

On my 4th Subaru.

First Subaru was a 1995 1.8 red with a huge spoiler and a Borla exhaust. (Fast and Furious phase of my life)

Current Mods: none, but i have son Enkei EKM3 18x7.5s on the way!

2011 Legacy 3.6R Ice Silver

Male - 23 years old

IT Technician

My very first Subaru

no mods yet but looking to start modding it soon

If you read through all the "modding" threads about the 3.6R Legacys you will see that there are very few power mods of any consequence ...BUT there is lots you can do for pretty cheap for handling and appearance.

To each their own but 20 or 22mm rear sway bars..the OEM STi rear bar fits right on (About $100) Springs and shocks are a great mod too.... Koni inserts and shocks with lowering spring are very popular....... appearance stuff includes side moldings, rear deck spoiler, front lip etc. Wheels and tires are nice if you can swing the added cost....wider and lighter helps the handling immensely.... I am running 18x8 OZ Racing rims with Michelin 245/40/18 A/S3....awesome set-up.

Squeezing any appreciable power outta the H6 is going to cost lots but can be done with headers, super-charger, exhaust and a good tune works wonders but costs $$$$$$$$$

Welcome to the forum....loads of great advice on here....Enjoy!!;)

Edited by Scooby Fan

If you read through all the "modding" threads about the 3.6R Legacys you will see that there are very few power mods of any consequence ...BUT there is lots you can do for pretty cheap for handling and appearance.

To each their own but 20 or 22mm rear sway bars..the OEM STi rear bar fits right on (About $100) Springs and shocks are a great mod too.... Koni inserts and shocks with lowering spring are very popular....... appearance stuff includes side moldings, rear deck spoiler, front lip etc. Wheels and tires are nice if you can swing the added cost....wider and lighter helps the handling immensely.... I am running 18x8 OZ Racing rims with Michelin 245/40/18 A/S3....awesome set-up.

Squeezing any appreciable power outta the H6 is going to cost lots but can be done with headers, super-charger, exhaust and a good tune works wonders but costs $$$$$$$$$

Welcome to the forum....loads of great advice on here....Enjoy!!;)

For 1500-1800 (headers, midpipe, tune) got me sti+ power...215/232 (sti was 215/205)..calculates to 330/375 crank...its a big bump n the tq curve is FLAT

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

2010 LGT Limited - Crystal Black Silica

Male- 20 years old

Full time student

First Subaru

Stock besides: Dipped grill, AVO drop in filter, Nameless Axleback 5 inch Exhaust

Looking to add: Whiteline 22mm RSB, some springs (thinking H&R Sport), brake pads, as well as some power (start with Cobb AP).

2010 LGT Limited - Crystal Black Silica

Male- 20 years old

Full time student

First Subaru

Stock besides: Dipped grill, AVO drop in filter, Nameless Axleback 5 inch Exhaust

Looking to add: Whiteline 22mm RSB, some springs (thinking H&R Sport), brake pads, as well as some power (start with Cobb AP).

Cobb AP is a great addition. Pricey though. Look for a sale, like Black Friday in 2 months.

• 2 months later...

2010 Legacy GT - Azurite Blue

Male - 27 years old, recently engaged (last week) and the fiancé just bought a '14 Outback

Regional Dental Sales Rep

Owned just 1 subie

STI STS, STI shifter knob, MLS head gasket, Stage 2 clutch, looking to add a TON of mods, I think I came to the right forum? ;)

Edited by Juuls
spelling error

Just saw this thread.. I’ll add.

2014 Legacy 2.5i - Crystal Black Silica

Male 28 Years old. Married 4 years, 3 year old son

Local 68 Operating Engineer

First Subaru - 2005 STi. Currently on 3rd Legacy.

Mods: Hardwired Valentine One radar detector. 35% tint all around. LED hi/low beams, fogs, and interior bulbs. (Just a daily driver).. currently saving up funds for used (preferably 05-07) STi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk