LegacyGT.com

Did I get a good deal?

BigT

Turned in the legacy for a Forester 2.5X Premium with AT, PZEV and the all weather package today.

Here are my lease details:

42 month

10,000 miles annual

2500 down

payments of ~270 month (302 with taxes)

First month payment and around 900 worth of title plate etcetera rolled in.

Option to buy for just over 14K

BTW, dealer tried to sell me on some sort of clear coat on the inside and out. ~500 for the whole deal. I haven't had cloth seats since I was 18 and driving a POS. Brand new baby. Should I get this or get some aftermarket spray? (black interior)

Leases are almost never a good deal for the lessee, but that's not the worst one ever. Only 10,000 miles a year?

Wife walks to work and I walk to the train. Don't really drive that much, but needed the extra space and a reliable car.

a friend of mine bought a Forrester last year and he paid extra for the clear coat for the interior/exterior...

i checked it out and it makes no difference at all... if you and your wife are pretty clean, im sure you can maintain your car without great difficulty.

from hearing what my friend said, they got convinced/tricked into buying it because they were packaging it with another dealer incentive program.

That's what I thought! I'm not looking for another $500 out the door. Honestly some of the things they try to sell you are insane!

Tried to get me to buy an extended warranty.

So the factory runs out at 36 months, I have a 42 month lease and I'm probably going to be able to sell this back to the dealership at or before 36 months. Why would I pay like $1000 for an extended warranty. Seriously, do these people see a drool cup and a helmet on me?

I know it varies state to state but are local Subaru stealership has their special at $1949 down at signing(thats it), 12,000 miles for 42 months for 239 plus free oil changes and rotaions. I usally lease but we decided to buy our 09 legacy after the lease was over. Good luck!

The dealership I bought mine from last week tried to sell me the same stuff for $500 I think it was. I work at a dealership (not Subaru :() so I asked our detail guy what he thought about it. He said he thought it was worth it but not for $500.

I would never do a dealer clearcoat, just another way for them to make more coin. I drive a Forester with cloth seats , no problems keeping it clean .

This is the truth. This stuff doesn't do anything, it's just a 400 dollar profit for the dealer.

• 6 months later...
$500 for "Interior clear coat"?

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/05/0530_3m_products/image/4-scotchgard.jpg

BTW, for anyone interested. I bought and used this stuff. Pretty legit. No issues and going on about 7 months later with a couple of spills.

Walk away from anything the dealer "offers" to protect your car... it's just money in their pocket and zero "protection" for you.

How much did the dealer "allow" you for the Legacy?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

BTW, for anyone interested. I bought and used this stuff. Pretty legit. No issues and going on about 7 months later with a couple of spills.

WE use this on office chairs after they are cleaned, best to do when its a new fabric, works well, water beads right up.

Archived