LegacyGT.com

Exhaust manifold fitment?

I am actually looking at a set of DNA motoring headers from eBay. They’re under $90 and I’ve read good things about the company. Some people have said they’ve been running them for years without issue, I will take all info into consideration though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am actually looking at a set of DNA motoring headers from eBay. They’re under $90 and I’ve read good things about the company. Some people have said they’ve been running them for years without issue, I will take all info into consideration though.

That is exactly the headers I purchased. 6,000 miles strong. Not one issue mechanically with them. You definitely have to use so muscle to get them on, but once they're on, they're awesome. Definitely increases the lower end of your torque curve, says my butt dyno.

One gripe I do have, and it's really an issue with all headers, is that you can hear the valvetrain noise on the bottom end more predominately. It almost sounds like a lifter tick, but on a more massive scale. You really have to listen for it though. People say to use header wrap to muffle the noise, but it's not an issue to me. I've become immune to it.

Alright fellas, I got the manifold installed. Before jumping into the installation I would like to say, the welds seemed very nice and the build quality seemed good as well.

Anyhow, installing this thing was a PITA! It wasn’t anywhere close to lining up. I had to pretty much sit on it to get it somewhat close.

I am happy with the end result for the most part. I didn’t listen to Rumble like I should have and I used the supplied gaskets and hardware. Sadly I have a leak at the passenger side head. The bolts are pretty much as tight as they can be. I didn’t torque them down but I used a breaker bar to tighten them. After driving it and discovering the leak I tightened the bolts up more and it helped a little, but not enough. Could I have the gaskets installed upside down?

I'f you can't justify 37+$ on manifold gaskets Walker bosal felpro or stock oem will work.

The wrx ones are multi layered and just the best ones.

Anything other then the ones that came with it. You can even use some grey rtv to seal them well.

• 3 weeks later...

My DNA's went on easy, I just had to have an exhaust shop bend them a little so they would stop hitting my swaybar and ps line.

Don't use a breaker bar to tighten them, you can crush gaskets by doing that. Factory manual says 22ft lbs.

If you want new gaskets for cheap, you can buy mine, but they're the same shitty ones that came with the headers.

• 1 year later...

Archived