LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Took the plunge on some quality parts for my upcoming track day September 28. I got:

Kartboy F/R Endlinks KARKB-017-08COMBO

Carbotech XP10 Pads (Front) CT1078-XP10

Carbotech XP8 Pads (Rear) CT1124-XP8

Trying out paying with Affirm for the first time as I need to get these parts on order and have a big check coming in 1-2 weeks time, and the brake pads were on low stock. We'll see how it goes.

Today I finally nailed down the constant rattling sound from my front suspension area. It was my brake caliper mounts. They are a tiny bit too small and the pads rattle in them while the brakes are not applied. Went to my subaru dealership who said yup known issue subaru made an update mount for it. $165 late I left with 2 updated mounts. Gonna change them tomorrow and see how it goes. Dealership did a brake fluid flush today and used DOT3. Kind of Td me off cause they could use DOT for almost the same exact price. Dang stealership.

Got a 2015+ WRX Garrett MGT2259s and header for cheap ...

Update on this, picked up from courier today.

Compared to a stock ej25 header I had laying around (gen 4) and I can see the header flanges line up (won't be too narrow).

Now to find time this month to perform the swap. Everything looks quite similar to the VF54 in terms of layout. Can't imagine this won't fit now that I have it in front of me.

Attached is a quick photo of when I compared the flanges.

EDIT, will likely order a billet wheel to drop in as well while I'm doing the work.billet-turbocharger-compressor-wheel-subaru-wrx-forester-2015-2016-mgt2259.jpg

IMG_20190906_102032.thumb.jpg.65a08ab6bd428bf24f3c065024b3db91.jpg

IMG_20190917_160316.thumb.jpg.2c5ada9f572aa7116f8790ffcad55e8c.jpg

IMG_20190917_160653.thumb.jpg.d0cff7cae4661659c8a9b678fecda618.jpg

IMG_20190917_160811.thumb.jpg.4723746cc972e46240b919740eb7c0fe.jpg

Edited by moral hazard

Is it the standard or STI shifter?

WRX Short Shifter per Ebay seller.

i installed today and it is a world of difference.

No more slop or clunky feeling or sound.

I had already put in Motul 300 fluid

Perrin shifter stop and bushing

Should have come like this from the dealership.

Ebay had a few bargains,..I missed out on an auction by 5 seconds that ended for selling for $55 including shipping for a new WRX short shifter.

Got my exhaust done yesterday. I’ll post pictures as soon as I can. Used a custom y pipe and hung passenger hangers. The spots were already there with bolt hole in place but I had to enlarge them to 3/8” to use the hangars I bought. Now I have dual exhaust. It looks much better and doesn’t sound too fart canny. Used magnaflow mufflers with 4” tips. Used two hangers on the muffler and one on the midpipe. Clearance was good with my rear diff and RSB. Close but still plenty of room and it looks very factory. Total cost was $481.

• 2 weeks later...
What are the benifits of the facelift unit?

Curious if you actually do have more functionality other than just different knobs.

I live in EUROPE, old navigation unit contains maps on CD and Subaru stopped map upgrades for this unit in 2012, so my newest maps are 7 years old. Navigation works very slow. And the unit is that grey ugly color.

Facelift navigation unit has SD card with maps and I can get latest navigation maps for my region. It was very actual at least a couple of years ago and data roaming was very expensive and there was no good offline software yet for mobile devices. Now we can use data roaming within our current plan and vehicle navigation became optional for me, however I find it still useful for long way trips (hope it will not be slow as old one). Newer unit looks better, it's black. It NISSAN/Toyota compatible USB wiring which is triple cheaper than in old model (I could make a custom wiring for USB, but did not want to spend time on it as aimed for facelift unit from the beginning).

I have purchased the newer unit for a very good price from a friend, so I can sell old with almost no money loss.

Functionality wise old unit has parametric equalizer, the newer one - graphics, which is a loss (but i am not sad about it, as i have Audison Bit One sound processor in my sound setup).

And the main point - it's the only before facelift interior thing left in my car.

^You are running a bit One? Nice!

What do you have for the rest of the system?

I have mono brand Audison setup (Audison Voce 3 way speakers + AV10 sub, Audison Bit One, Amplifiers LRX 2.9 + LRX5.1K), Signat + Cordial twisted speaker wires, AVG 0 pure copper wire, Audison distributors & fuse boxes. Most of components reused from my previous setup, I just added some new to make it one brand.

dkAAAgLx9OA-960.jpg

7oAAAgMJ9OA-960.jpg

hqAAAgPJ9OA-960.jpg

^Very nice!

Any pics of your subwoofer enclosure and amplifier mounting?

QAAAAgDvSOA-960.jpg

Don't have any pictures of finished trunk yet. Amplifiers stand in line between the rear longitudinal with faces shown in floor level. Other components (including bit one) located inside the floor with transparent window.