LegacyGT.com

3D Printed Eyesight Cover so I can clean the windshield

I’m pretty proud of these incredibly simple things.

Whoa, there! Proud? Credit where credit is due: Big thanks to AimoPaukku over on the Outback Forum for designing these lens covers and sharing his 3D-printable source files for all to use. See: EyeSight Covers 3D Printed.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

What is the purpose?

They protect the EyeSight camera lenses against contamination by overspray from window cleaning materials. This is especially important when you let somebody else clean the inside of your windshield.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I'm easily amused by the simple free things in life LOL. I absolutely got the file from Outback Forum but my coworker printed them for me so yes, still kinda proud. LOL

It was his first print other than a test tugboat so it was an entertaining process and fun to watch. Spraying the rag does seem like the simple solution tho.

Whoa, there! Proud? Credit where credit is due: Big thanks to AimoPaukku over on the Outback Forum for designing these lens covers and sharing his 3D-printable source files for all to use. See: EyeSight Covers 3D Printed.

Scrmn6 took AimoPaukku's design and put the tabs on it a few times to help the cause so there are actually more than a few people to thank. :cool:

I'm easily amused by the simple free things in life LOL. I absolutely got the file from Outback Forum but my coworker printed them for me so yes, still kinda proud. LOL

It was his first print other than a test tugboat so it was an entertaining process and fun to watch. Spraying the rag does seem like the simple solution tho.

For interior detailing, spraying the rag is the norm. If you're spraying cleaners or protectors directly onto surfaces, you're doing it wrong.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

For interior detailing, spraying the rag is the norm. If you're spraying cleaners or protectors directly onto surfaces, you're doing it wrong.

I do spray a window cloth (microfiber waffle weave) but it seems like the lens are not very recessed and even a cloth could brush them. Maybe its not even a huge deal and just more of a reason to waste some PLA.