LegacyGT.com

Long range remote start issue - H001SAL100

I had the H001SAL100 installed two years ago without any issues. For the past 3 days I've experienced something very strange.

Expected behavior (car hasn't been driven all night):

Two long presses turns on the car for 15 mins then car turns off.

New behavior (car hasn't been driven all night):

Two long presses turns on the car for 5 mins then car turns off.

Go to car and start manually and turn car off.

Immediately after, two button pushes turns on the car for 15 mins.

The link for the manual is from an old thread requires a paid subscription from Subaru.

I have not knowingly changed the timeouts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The link for the manual is from an old thread requires a paid subscription from Subaru.

Accessory installation guides are a free download from STIS.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I thought the timeouts could only be changed by the dealer with their scan tool. Unless there was a procedure to change the timeouts with specific button presses, but I don't remember seeing that.

No need to go to the dealer for that.. You have to turn the car ON and OFF a bunch of times (I forget how many, may be 5, but its on the card that comes with the remote kit) and then you open and close the drivers door and it will beep the horn 1-4 times, each denoting the amount of time the remote start operates; 3, 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

OP, Its not something that would change by itself. Its a strange behavior though. I'd verify the time set using the programming method.

My wife got it for me as a gift and didn't keep the card :(

I went to Subaru's site and I just see the install procedure. Any chance anyone has the directions? I will try what you said.

Thanks.

I'll look for it this evening and post a pic.

My wife got it for me as a gift and didn't keep the card :(

I went to Subaru's site and I just see the install procedure. Any chance anyone has the directions? I will try what you said.

Thanks.

Here ya go.

The only thing I can think of as to why it shut off sooner is that box that I highlighted in the first image. It obviously opens the door to a bunch of stuff we'll never know. But if it continues to happen regularly, I'd take it to the dealer to see if any codes were set and then cleared on next restart.

IMG_20181128_1729093.thumb.jpg.d7063e273441194833c752856e3cb35f.jpg

IMG_20181128_1729560.thumb.jpg.ccbaed1a25ae5b030ef385390eb60748.jpg

IMG_20181128_1730140.thumb.jpg.82a4ebbfefe8ca8e78cc29669e3062a3.jpg

Here ya go.

The only thing I can think of as to why it shut off sooner is that box that I highlighted in the first image. It obviously opens the door to a bunch of stuff we'll never know. But if it continues to happen regularly, I'd take it to the dealer to see if any codes were set and then cleared on next restart.

Thanks for the information! I will probably take your advice.

Archived