LegacyGT.com

Issue with phone navigation app

Hi all,

Here’s a two part question;

I’ve got a 2015 Legacy limited with the Harmon/Kardon stereo with nav. I seldom actually use the vehicles built in nav as it I believe it needs a map update(?) seems as though it isn’t able to find the fastest route to the destination as of late. Does anyone know how to update maps and how much it’s going to cost? So, I’ve been using Waze/Google map/ Apple map. Which brings me to my next question...

When I’ve got my iPhone (iPhone 8+ with newest version of software and app updates) plugged into usb in my car, the phones navigation apps have no idea where I am! Location is not accurate at all and it often will just keep rerouting over and over again. If I unplug from USB, the problem goes away. Very strange, I’ve never had a car do that before. Has anyone experienced this - how did you correct it?

Go to http://www.subarumapupdates.com/ . You will end up downloading and installing the Subaru toolbox program and you will use that to get the map updates. The cost is about $60 if you want to reuse the micro SD card in your head unit and I think $120 for a new micro SD card. You will need a Micro SD adapter to reuse the one in your car. They put some kind of encoding on those cards so you will have to buy a new one or reuse the old one.

About the Iphone problem somebody else will have to answer that.

Go to http://www.subarumapupdates.com/ . You will end up downloading and installing the Subaru toolbox program and you will use that to get the map updates. The cost is about $60 if you want to reuse the micro SD card in your head unit and I think $120 for a new micro SD card. You will need a Micro SD adapter to reuse the one in your car.

The new SD card also comes with the old factory maps. Been through it with here maps and subaru. You'll need to purchase the map update via the toolbox program and update. The toolbox program for PC will only work with the SD card plugged into the PC.

Archived