LegacyGT.com

Front passenger floor soaked

I had the AC on and no water was draining onto the ground under the vehicle like it should. I noticed my front passenger side floor was soaked so I assume the water went there instead. Why did it do this and how do I fix it? Is there anything else that I can't see that also needs to be dried so it doesn't mold up? I assume that the drain is clogged for some reason?

I was also getting random P0028 CEL a couple times a few weeks ago but haven't seen it since. Could it be related?

111k miles

Not related and a very easy fix. Pull back the passenger side carpet from the center and find the rudder drain tube. Make sure it’s attached to the bottom of the evaporator box and running slightly downhill and through the body. If that’s all normal take an air nozzle and blow through the end of the tube into the car. Here’s the important part MOVE QUICKLY or you’ll get a free shower. It’s not related to your CEL and is actually quite common to clog. Clear the drain and dry the carpet ASAP. Sometimes a jackass at an oil change place will plug the drain with something or shove the tube into the car. If you find this find another shop to work on your car.

Air conditioners do 2 things, they remove heat from the air and they remove humidity. The removed humidity changes from vapor to liquid and is then dripped outside the car via the rubber hose on the bottom of the ac box in your dash. If the water can’t drip out it will seep through the box and wet the floor. You just need to clear the drain. It’s a rubber tube going through the firewall. Any shop can do this quickly with compressed air.

There should be a black rubber tube hanging down just behind the firewall on the passenger's side. I know the one on my Baja drips on the lower control arm, but I think the one on the Legacy misses it- either way, that's about where you're looking.

If you have a regulator or something, dial the compressor back to about 2-3 psi and blow from the outside- that's about as much pressure as a person can generate, so you won't make a mess inside, and there's less chance of you getting a shower.

• 3 weeks later...
If I may suggest using a shop vac over compressed air. Try to suck the trash out from the outside before trying to access the hose from under the dash.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did this. Got whatever blockage -out- not back in, and cleared the water out.

I should have read this when I was having issues *facepalms*

I thought it was happening when it rained so I was thinking my moonroof was backing up and leaking to the floor somehow. Turned out to be the evap tube. It was still dripping from it just not fast enough. I pulled it off and water everywhere, quickly vacuumed it up then placed the end of the shop vac around the tube and pulled air through it for a bit. I eventually heard the air sucking in from under the car so figured it was cleared. No issue since. What a pain though because I found out about this from my car smelling like wet socks.

This happened like 3 weeks ago.

Archived