LegacyGT.com

Suspension help

AAHHHHH:spin:

1d21TLy.jpg

Lowered on Tein basis coilover, which were set pretty low, with legacy upper control arms. The rear tire was almost even with the bottom of the fender flare. Tires were 235/40/18. Alignment guy didn't say he had any issues, or maybe I need a new alignment guy. The drivers side isn't nearly as bad, but is cupping some on the inside. I have been carting around 150lb+ of tools constantly this summer.

Rear coils are pretty worn and have been for a 1000+ mi. After much back and forth about bilstein/swift vs KYB GR/H&R, I decided to go with the latter since I have everything but the struts. Id rather use the extra money to make sure alignment is right and...... new tires

So....this will raise my suspension up some. If there is anything I really should do or with a closer to Legacy height be better. I would love to do the whole Whiteline lateral link kit, but $450 is more than I want to spend right now on top of struts...

Lastly, on my legacy 2.5i sedan the H&R sat a tad higher in the front so I was going to plan on 1/2 spacer in the rear to level it out. Will I need longer studs also?

• 2 weeks later...
unless you are running some crazy camber. looks like you were rubbing on something to me.

I was told that Toe was off. For camber wear to look like that /-\ would have to be my setup.

Per SBT's advice, I am going to get KTA124 and install it with my new struts. Also going to do the rear trailing arm bracket from a legacy.

Failed rear/forward lateral arm bushing. You can't replace the bushings on the stock arms. Why not spend a bit more for Much better arms. Replace all 4 with Megans or WL.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived