LegacyGT.com

SpecB YouTube review by EverydayDriver

The one thing I disagreed with is the (admittedly nit-picking) complaint about steering feel. I've never felt I was unaware of what the wheels were doing while driving this car. I think the rack balances feel and comfort (i.e. not feeling every little bump in the road) well.

I do totally agree that the stock clutch is ridiculously heavy, though, and especially after replacing it with an aftermarket option that is just so much easier to engage without giving yourself a leg press workout.

I can't stand these reviews. It just shows either, how biased I am or how little they know about the Legacy or Subaru. If you sat in a 2005 Spec B and any other Subaru of that year you would be like oh shit this is luxury. If you looked at the weight of a STi and the Spec B you would say oh shit they are nearly identical. You would also know that parts are interchangable with the cars and nearly every STi owner drops his stock parts for aftermarket.

They need to realize this isn't a 40k BMW, Audi, Merc and it will not compete with one.

I agree that it is a sleeper for sure. And about the shifting, drive my Miata and then drive my GT and tell me which one needs to be manhandled.

I actually agree with them on steering feel. It could have been that my rack was worn out but the steering was too light, lacked feel, and was too slow for my liking. I have a Focus ST now, and I think this steering as well as my 5spd IS300 and the Fiesta ST were some of the best. BRZ was pretty good too. Haven't tried the 2015 wrx yet. I found my LGT's interior to be a bit rattly and cheap but looked attractive and was much better than other Subarus. I hope for an 07 SpecB some day and definitely miss the sleeper status of my LGT. This was an accurate review IMO or at least as good as youtube reviewiers could do of a legacy. They guy Todd owns an 05 92x btw.

I actually agree with them on steering feel. It could have been that my rack was worn out but the steering was too light, lacked feel, and was too slow for my liking. I have a Focus ST now, and I think this steering as well as my 5spd IS300 and the Fiesta ST were some of the best. BRZ was pretty good too. Haven't tried the 2015 wrx yet. I found my LGT's interior to be a bit rattly and cheap but looked attractive and was much better than other Subarus. I hope for an 07 SpecB some day and definitely miss the sleeper status of my LGT. This was an accurate review IMO or at least as good as youtube reviewiers could do of a legacy. They guy Todd owns an 05 92x btw.

He actually sold the 92X a few months ago and bought an FR-S. He also owns a case model Cayenne I believe.

They have a podcast as well as some amazing comparos. Also, you should check out their "Mid Engines and Mountains" movie. It's nice.

Archived