LegacyGT.com

JDM Running light not working is there a fuse someplace?

Hi guys,

I have done the JDM headlight swap and it is working well. One issue I ran across is the running lights not working and that’s the USDM wiring too? I never had to change it out during the JDM swap. I had one side working and the other was not. So I changed the bulb out but still does not work. Now they both don’t work? I will get a multimeter and check them today. But I could not find a spot for a fuse if that’s the culprit. The back running lights work perfectly. So weird. To be as clear as possible it’s not the turn signal bulb it’s the little bulb that lights up the highlighted area. d0599aec20b23e1237d32aef7a8a2d71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you do your wiring for the swap?

The running lights are separate from the turn signals (both wiring and physical lights). The turn signals don't work as running lights in JDM headlights.

Edited by rhino6303

I bought a plug and play setup harness from Ralph here on LGT.

Yes the running lights are separate from the turn signals. The area I highlighted is the running light in JDM headlights. It uses the stock wiring from the USDM harness, that's why I am confused that they are not working?

Can you take a picture of your harness and lights with the turn signal on and off?

The oem turn is a 3 wire setup. Two power and 1 ground. One power wire is for Clearance light, the other power is for turn.

If you're facing the connector on the car harness side the connections are 1-2-3.

1: Clearance. Colors: BW/BL (LH and RH, respectively)

2: Ground. Color: B

3: Turn sign. Colors: BG/WR (LH and RH, respectively)

You need to check that your new harness connects pin 1 and a ground to the jdm clearance light and the pin 3 and ground to the jdm turn signal.