LegacyGT.com

Noisy deceleration while in gear - why??

I had an Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Exedy Stock WRX single mass flywheel installed along with Group N Transmission and Engine mounts (kept stock Pitch mount). The deceleration noise is significant.

You say had. Did you change something that decreased the noise?

You say had. Did you change something that decreased the noise?

Sorry 'have' . It was installed just recently. I am still getting used to it, but it doesn't really bother me, and even like that 'raw' sound. The problem though is the magnification of pre-existing dash rattles and the other rattles through the car.

Sorry 'have' . It was installed just recently. I am still getting used to it, but it doesn't really bother me, and even like that 'raw' sound. The problem though is the magnification of pre-existing dash rattles and the other rattles through the car.

Ah OK. Yea the main rattles bothering me are the left radio bezel and the passenger door speaker grill.

I'll get around to them all eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about this more, I seem to recall I noticed the decal noise the first time shortly after I had the OEM DMFW removed back about 2007 and replaced with a LWFW Spec FW.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

think this is clutch noise, I have the same exact thing.

first thought it was my trans getting ready to grenade, had a backup so swapped it, and had the exact same noise.

did a 6mt swap with new clutch and its still there but quieter (went from LWFW to stock STI).

do you have stiffer trans bushings and or shifter bushings? that plus the SM/LW flywheel seems to really amplify it.

Edited by chato

May be one of us should call Spec Clutches and ask one of the sales reps, what's their "drivability" package do for the Spec 2+ clutch.

I wonder if its something to do with issue ? Or just allow you to drive at a lower RPM in a higher gear ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

mmh. now that I think about it. There is one difference between before and after: the throwout bearing. Before, it was an OEM like bearing. Now, I am using a TSK3 kit. Not sure if it makes a difference at all though.

mmh. now that I think about it. There is one difference between before and after: the throwout bearing. Before, it was an OEM like bearing. Now, I am using a TSK3 kit. Not sure if it makes a difference at all though.

My snout was good so I don't have the tsk3 kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I think its the whiteline crossmember bushings that are really causing most of the NVH on my car. If you search exedy clutch noise, there's no shortage of links about it from other cars.