LegacyGT.com

Foam tape on inside of timing cover

My mechanic is putting Humpty Dumpty back together again. I got new timing plastics and Master Gasket Kit (part Number 10105AA720) among other goodies.

The old timing plastic has foam tape on the inside (see picture), but it wasn't included in the Master Gasket Kit. Does anyone have a part number or suggestion for where to get it? It it like simple weather stripping tape from home supply store?

I will try to stop by the dealer's parts desk tomorrow and ask too.

thanks

IMG_20191218_172634_01_01.thumb.jpg.465a435329ee694dab8e44e05a5d43f4.jpg

Edited by ashwinearl

It comes with the timing belt kits. I think mine was in the master it AND my timing belt kit and rubber. I had the shop time it for me though so I can't be sure. Should be able to get it separately from the dealer. They are oddly shaped.

Don't have the part number on hand but shouldn't be a hard one to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It comes with the timing belt kits. I think mine was in the master it AND my timing belt kit and rubber. I had the shop time it for me though so I can't be sure. Should be able to get it separately from the dealer. They are oddly shaped.

Don't have the part number on hand but shouldn't be a hard one to find.

Thanks, I had gotten an Aisin Timing belt kit. I hadn't opened it up an not sure if he has yet either.

They don't seem to be in 10105AA720 Gasket kit. I haven't looked at the gasket kit.

Edited by ashwinearl

Hmm. I had the same timing kit, the same gasket kit, and I had to get new inner timing covers. Maybe mine got reused or I'm thinking of the wrong part.

That's the problem with doing MOST of the work. I know most of what's been done lol.

It doesn't look too me to be those 1,2,3 parts but it could be. I told the dealer they got me the wrong reverse light gaskets because I was convinced they couldn't be that big.

Now that I look at the diagram on my phone, I see this one. I think this is what you need. 13583*A in the diagram, doesn't hurt to ask the dealer to be safe too. Edit: now I'm second guessing myself and saying it's #2, I'd just get them all with how cheap they are

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2005_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD-GT-Limited-Wagon/SEALING-BELT-COVER-NO1-RIGHT/49226233/13583AA260.html

Edited by apexi

• 3 years later...