LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

Just curious how everyone else has settled on their rear and front settings. Right now I am at 1/2 turn on either, but really want to firm up the rear to get less lean when turning into a turn. Like a band aid for the rsb, would that work?

Just curious how everyone else has settled on their rear and front settings. Right now I am at 1/2 turn on either, but really want to firm up the rear to get less lean when turning into a turn. Like a band aid for the rsb, would that work?

That should, keep tabs on the front though, too much and she might get tail happy.

Mines full soft rear and 1/2 front to compensate for the heavier H6 motor...very neutral driving car right now.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by Golferdude1087

I have mine a little stiffer in the rear than the front for that very reason. Can't remember the settings off the top of my head, but the car handles neutrally without being uncomfortable.

I haven't finished dialing mine in, I really only got a couple week of driving with my summer tires once everything was settled and aligned. The spring and the spring rates are going to make a difference.

I currently have mine at 3/4 in the front, 1/4 in the rear. I have been meaning to adjust them further to dial them in for the colder winter temps, but I misplace my Koni knob and the other 3 knobs are in my garage attic. This means I have to move my stored truck & boat around to get access.

I haven't finished dialing mine in, I really only got a couple week of driving with my summer tires once everything was settled and aligned. The spring and the spring rates are going to make a difference.

I currently have mine at 3/4 in the front, 1/4 in the rear. I have been meaning to adjust them further to dial them in for the colder winter temps, but I misplace my Koni knob and the other 3 knobs are in my garage attic. This means I have to move my stored truck & boat around to get access.

I keep one in my glovebox for on the fly adjustments :)

Any news on koni, did they get the donors yet? If anything, i would rather wait till these happen, before retrofit shocks.

I met up with ChrisChrash last week to get his rear shocks and I have the donors packaged up and ready to go. I am waiting for Koni to send me the shipping information.

Stupid question on these, don't remeber the initial settings I had.

Just wondering if like my mountain bike suspension I can turn it fully in one direction, will it stop, then start counting turns from there?

Just worried if I start turning these end up not having a finite stopping point.

Yes it will stop. Best to turn it back to full soft and start from there. I have done this a few times.

Thanks- have to love just how sensitive google is to how you word something.

Been searching for a while for the answer. After posting I kept trying and found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyBFWNB35o.

Came on here to delete my post, but you guys are too fast for me.

Just to add incase you don't watch the video- they recommend if you plan on keeping it in full soft or full firm to go until it stops then back off a little bit to prevent the adjuster from jamming.

Just make sure you have everything in these 2 diagrams.

Front. (strut>spring>bumpstop>dustcover>upperseat>spacer>tophat)

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2010_Legacy36L-5AT-4WDR-Premium-Sedan/_54106_6025246/FRONT-SHOCK-ABSORBER/B14-210-01.html

Rear. (shock>spring>bumpstop>dustcover>isolator>tophat)

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2010_Legacy36L-5AT-4WDR-Premium-Sedan/_54106_6029004/REAR-SHOCK-ABSORBER/B14-211-01.html

Is it absolutely necessary to replace everything in these diagrams? I put it all in my cart and its about $450! Would it be worthwhile to take mine apart, inspect, and replace only things that are necessary. I can afford downtime since I have a DD.

I have the Koni inserts with Eibach springs and going to reuse my stock strut mounts.

I would recommend reusing the bump stops, dust covers and upper spring perches, those are not really wear items. Depending on the miles on your car and the weather conditions (ie road salt) in your area, you may want to consider replacing the tophats and rear isolator.

Updates?

On what?

Probably on Koni's progress toward making more inserts or developing a Legacy specific full strut.

I expect inserts to be available in a few months, full struts will realistically be close to a year. But don't quote me on this. Koni should have the donors we are sending them in the next week or two.