• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm told the '06 GT Limited (manual) I'll be picking up next week is not a Spec.B but it is a dark gray and left the factory that color.

Was the dark gray a special order option on the regular GT Limited? Dealer option? I need to get photos and a paint code so I can figure this out... If I'm buying a Spec.B for the price I'm paying and with only 63,000 miles, I WILL #2 A BRICK.

I suppose if the shocks are yellow and blue, that'll tell me what's up, eh?

I'm told the '06 GT Limited (manual) I'll be picking up next week is not a Spec.B but it is a dark gray and left the factory that color.

Was the dark gray a special order option on the regular GT Limited? Dealer option? I need to get photos and a paint code so I can figure this out... If I'm buying a Spec.B for the price I'm paying and with only 63,000 miles, I WILL #2 A BRICK.

I suppose if the shocks are yellow and blue, that'll tell me what's up, eh?

Lots of Legacy owners have upgraded their struts to Bilsteins, so that latter assessment may prove false.

That said, the only "gray" color available for the 2006 USDM Legacy line was Titanium Silver Metallic and it only came on Spec Bs. The five criteria that I'd verify are:

1. 2.5GT Spec B XXX / 500 individually numbered plaque immediately behind the shifter
  2. Brick red leather seating and interior color
  3. Aluminum suspension (control arms) bits front and rear
  4. Factory navigation
  5. Paint Code 58E identified on the build plate on the left front strut tower or on the driver's door sill.

If it has those five items, then I'd believe you have a Spec Bizzle. GL with your purchase.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Lots of Legacy owners have upgraded their struts to Bilsteins, so that latter assessment may prove false.

That said, the only "gray" color available for the 2006 USDM Legacy line was Titanium Silver Metallic and it only came on Spec Bs. The five criteria that I'd verify are:

1. 2.5GT Spec B XXX / 500 individually numbered plaque immediately behind the shifter
  2. Brick red leather seating and interior color
  3. Aluminum suspension (control arms) bits front and rear
  4. Factory navigation
  5. Paint Code 58E identified on the build plate on the left front strut tower or on the driver's door sill.

If it has those five items, then I'd believe you have a Spec Bizzle. GL with your purchase.

I'll check those items... I'm thinking it's not a .B, and if it is in fact Dark Gray (of some kind) how did it end up that way from the factory? Custom build sheet?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...