LegacyGT.com

Tire help!

Hey guys I have a 2017 legacy premium 2.5. What tires would you guys recommend i live in New Jersey where I have to deal with snow rain and crazy weather lol .. I’m looking for a tire that more meatyer and one that i won’t have to lower or rise my car. What do you guys think ??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What tires would you guys recommend i live in New Jersey where I have to deal with snow rain and crazy weather ...

I have been very pleased with the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReadys I put on our 2016 Outback, and I plan to put a set on our 2015 Legacy when the OE tires eventually wear out. The Goodyears are 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake branded all-weather tires with a 60,000 mile tread wear warranty.

I’m looking for a tire that more meatyer ...

Why?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I have 225 55 17

If I would buy my next tires I would go with 235 60 17 Sumitomo htr a/s p02

not expensive and good all around.

so whatever size you have, go 10mm wider and 5% of the total width higher, this way you will get some more meat but still be able to seat 5 without rubbing.

On my other car Mk4 jetta TDI which normally takes 195 65 15 I installed Kumho Krugen HT51 truck tires size 215 70 15 now that is some noticeable meat.

If you find Kumho Krugen HT 51 go for it, it is has great rating for all season truck tire with 70000 thread warranty and 3 peak snowflake symbol. What I like about them is that sharp profile when looking from the back. It has noticeable square look and sharp edges. I probably did not explain myself clearly but you get the idea. Krugen HT51 is more expensive than sumitomo but for snow they are great and do not wear fast.

I am sure you already know this, larger diameter tire will effect speed and odometer reading, and also acceleration and braking will be effected. You will like lower rpm on highway.

Edited by aki334

• 1 month later...
Good morning Neighbor and welcome aboard...I went a little different direction with my setup as I wanted to gain some lift so I first installing a 2 in lift then opted for a set of snow tires GENERAL ALTIMAX ARCTIC 12 on a smaller 17 HELO HE894 rim. Now for the summer I wanted something a little more aggressive so I went with Falken WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL tires on the same 17 in HELO HE894 rims. You did not say what size rim's you have, mine came with the 18 ins so you can get these for your OEM size. I also wanted more sidewall for a smoother ride then I was getting with the 18in OEMs. I am happy with the A/Ts there is a low level wine sometimes when I travel I287 in some spots otherwise I am very happy with them. I still plan to switch to snows for the winter but with the A/Ts I don't have to since they are snow rated. Hope this helps. Edited by NNJLegacy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...