LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Wasn't exactly the solution I had envisioned, but that'll definitely work!

Not like I have room to talk, I have a 3D-printed connector with paperclips for terminals in my boost gauge harness. I ended up with a JST connector kit, but until the gauge stops working (and it's been going strong for 4-5 years now), I don't think I care enough about replacing it to tear the dash apart to get at it.

This is 1 or 2 weeks after my headlight restoration and what you’re seeing is the clear coat/uv protection peeling off.

Sorry to hear. After reading about a few here adding clearcoat I went out and rewaxed my headlights. I try to do it once a month if I can.

Wasn't exactly the solution I had envisioned, but that'll definitely work!

Not like I have room to talk, I have a 3D-printed connector with paperclips for terminals in my boost gauge harness. I ended up with a JST connector kit, but until the gauge stops working (and it's been going strong for 4-5 years now), I don't think I care enough about replacing it to tear the dash apart to get at it.

Literally macgyvers best tool, the paper clip :lol:

I just found it funny that my old boost gauge harness would be resurrected for a tv haha. The rest of wires are spliced soldered on the other end. This is the difference now. I never really noticed the quality but family always said it looked dim.

https://imgur.com/a/cHitUPv

cHitUPv

Hi guys, new to the forum. I have a 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i, I wanted to upgrade the rims, what do you guys think is the best wheel size for this car? I was thinking 18s but are those too big? What do you guys think, thanks

Hi guys, new to the forum. I have a 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i, I wanted to upgrade the rims, what do you guys think is the best wheel size for this car? I was thinking 18s but are those too big? What do you guys think?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/show-your-rims-260244.html?t=260244]

Embedded in there are two links to the full wheels threads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Happy 7th anniversary for me and my GT! Have had way more ups than downs over the years. Though the modding has slowed down lately, I still love driving her as much as I did when I took her off the lot. :wub:

Congratulations! I got my LGT much later but I feel the same way too :)

Coming up on 9 yrs this week. The LGT was dropped off from a flatbed at 11 pm on July 10 while I was across the country for work. Wife had no idea where the e-brake was located and called me to rant about the car. It’s been nothing but smiles since then.

coming up on 4 years, and couldn't be happier with the car...money's finally starting to catch up with the modding itch, so i'll be bolting some new things on as time goes on, and i'm quite excited.

Coming up on 9 for me. Sitting at 62k miles currently. Seems like it has a lot of life left in it mechanically but the rust is creeping in. It was out of sight out of mind for a long time but as you can see it has caused the paint to chip on the side now. Clearly visible :(.4daef8dcb02a49f866b3e33139a8edd4.jpg

Just hit 4 years on mine back in April. Body rust is minimal so far, especially for a Chicago car. Doing pretty goo for 106k miles. Would love a new trunk though, starting to get some bubbles back there, and of course the drain holes.

Underside rust is a different story though. D:

I have owned 5th Gen Legacy for almost 8 years (5 years 2.5i/ 3 years GT). I bought my '12 2.5i on July 13th, 2012. I test drove it at the end of June and put a deposit on it July 6th.

On my 2.5i, I had done a tune, wheels, suspension and 6MT shifter mods. My '12 GT has those mods and is obviously a lot faster. I am now driving my stock 11 GT. At lower speeds, '11 GT feel like half way in between those with stock tune and its 1st and 2nd gear boost limits. The 2.5i is a dog on the highway if your trying accelerate no matter how you spin it.

Coming up on 9 for me. Sitting at 62k miles currently. Seems like it has a lot of life left in it mechanically but the rust is creeping in. It was out of sight out of mind for a long time but as you can see it has caused the paint to chip on the side now. Clearly visible :(.4daef8dcb02a49f866b3e33139a8edd4.jpg

Ouch :mad: Both of mine 5th Gen still look good in that area. I have the trunk drain hole rust. It is not bad but it is still there. My 09 Outback has driver door seam rust.

As much as I hate to say it, it's going to look a lot worse underneath...

I killed the GT taking off from a stoplight this morning. That make like 3-4 since I've had it. I'm going to blame the rain that rolled into KC this morning.....yeah, it's the rain's fault :)

Going six years for me. Got it with 70k and now has 133k. This is the longest I’ve owned a vehicle. Still original turbo and motor, knock on wood. Although it would be a good time too run another compression test, plug and fluid change. Body is in great shape too!