LegacyGT.com

LSD whats available

what LSD are available for the jdm BR9 R160 rear diff and front diff?

i see there is the torque locker but i think a progressive lsd would be better

i see some are using suretrac is it as simple as buying one from any used subaru diff and fitting it into the br9 housing?

thanks

what LSD are available for the jdm BR9 R160 rear diff and front diff?

i see there is the torque locker but i think a progressive lsd would be better

i see some are using suretrac is it as simple as buying one from any used subaru diff and fitting it into the br9 housing?

thanks

I responded to your pm, but for others, yes it is that simple with the suretrac just install it in place of your open diff.

If that is the helical type lsd, the knock against it is both tires need traction for it to function as an lsd otherwise it is an open diff.

If I had your JDM legacy I would probably just swap in an r180 and clutch type lsd. I believe the r180 is direct bolt in for JDM legacies with the sti axles.

i cant find any info the R180 being a direct fit.

which year and model sti rear axles are needed?

thanks

The r180 will replace the r160 in any subaru USDM legacies have a wider rear track than JDM so the sti axles are too short as are the legacy axles. Check the track width on the sti and your jdm legacy. They are the same, knowing that everything from the sti bolts right in. AUDM is the same as jdm.

As far as finding confirmation you'll have to search outside the US market likely Australian sites.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk