LegacyGT.com

Sun/moon roof

I was shopping around for a suv for my girl and she liked the GMC Acadia but it didn’t have a sun/moon roof but the dealer told us he could have one installed and it would actually have a few better features than the OEM. Is this a possible option for a 2016 Legacy 2.5i with EyeSight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically...yes, but I have never heard good things about aftermarket roofs and you may void your factory warranty if you have it done as far as rust perforation is concerned. I know I would not feel comfortable having a shop cut a hole in my roof and then playing with my cars wiring to make it function. Too many negatives IMPO but it's your choice.

• 2 weeks later...

When a sunroof is "cut" in and installed by an aftermarket company, how does it attach to the roof underneath? Welding? Glue?

And do they still run drain tubes down the pillars?

And what about the different interior ceiling?

How do they adapt to that?

When a sunroof is "cut" in and installed by an aftermarket company, how does it attach to the roof underneath? Welding? Glue?

And do they still run drain tubes down the pillars?

And what about the different interior ceiling?

How do they adapt to that?

Good questions, I am still looking into it as the company listed above doesn't mention being able to use our cars. I wish there was someone who has done this already to give some feedback.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived