LegacyGT.com

Homelink to Garage Door Opener

Hey all,

My garage door opener started having issue with opening from the remote keypad, our cars... so I installed a Genie Universal Dual Frequency Conversion Kit – Model GIRUD-1T

Install and setup was fine, re-programmed by 2017 Legacy and my wifes 2005 Murano, everything works

Apparently the new conversion kit uses dual frequencies so our cars only worked for a short period of time

How do you all deal with this in your Subaru's?

Rick

HomeLink in the current generation Legacy/Outback mirrors has always supported rolling codes, but you do have to initialize them properly. Carefully follow the instructions provided by Subaru and the door opener manufacturer..

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Yes, the Genie unit does use rolling codes, both my cars picked up that feature. When programming both cars, I activated "learn" mode on the opener, then programmed each car. They both work now as they did when I set them up the first time

Just not sure why they quit working

Oh well, I'll keep an eye on them

Rick

Yes, the Genie unit does use rolling codes, both my cars picked up that feature. When programming both cars, I activated "learn" mode on the opener, then programmed each car. They both work now as they did when I set them up the first time

Just not sure why they quit working

Oh well, I'll keep an eye on them

Rick

I had a similar problem. I had to reprogram it several times before it would work reliably. Since then, things have continued to work well. Having a second person to reduce the time between putting the opener in "learn" mode and programming the homelink seemed to help, but I couldn't say for sure that is what did it.

Strange. My opener uses rolling codes and, when setting it up, I expected to be climbing my step ladder and scrambling back and forth to the car with the opener in "learn" mode. I've had to to that with all my BMWs and it was a bit of a PITA so I was prepared for more aggravation getting the Legacy set up. For some reason though, I didn't have to do any of that. Just held the remote close to the mirror, clicked and that was it. It's worked reliably ever since. Bit of a mystery how these things actually work.

Archived