LegacyGT.com

AC Refrigerant

I found what you are looking at! Thanks for heads up!

Basically, I'm going to break the system somewhere and push air through it to push out all the old stuff. Then you have to crack the schrader valve for one of the service ports, probably hi side, put system under vacuum and let it suck in some oil. Make sure to weigh the oil! The r134a can's already have their weight on it. My cans are like 12oz, so I will have the extra can on scale while its going in, and stop when it loses 2 oz's.

Edited by Tehnation

70g's is 2.46918 ounces. this is all weight not volume for anyone reading!

For the refrigerant 400 +-30 = 370-430 grams, 13.0514oz - 15.1678oz.

It says amount contained in compressor, which is kind of confusing. The oil moves through the entire system. I'll just assume that's what the total system needs.

Mmmm sadly no. Weigh the cans before. I have yet to see one have exactly what it says. If you have metal in the system there is a can of stuff you can put in but I just break the lines and use brake clean and blow compressed air through them into a paper towel till it’s clean. Add the oil to your compressor then put the vacuum on the system. The vacuum will boil out any moisture. Add refrigerant from a vacuum and when you weigh your cans tare the weight. Be as precise as you can, these cars are fickle bitches with ac in the heat

WITH oem spec parts. I replaced the expansion valve a few years ago with an autozone replacement and the ac cycled constantly. Replaced with the dense oem and the orifices were different size. Ac has worked about as good as it can ever since

Add your oil to the larger hole on the compressor, that’s the intake. Rotate the compressor a few times by the clutch. When I clean the lines I separate them in sections. Line from the compressor to the evap, evap to the condenser and condenser to the compressor. Spray in one side and blow and out the other. Replace all o rings along the way Edited by blackobxt

It’s not so bad! Just disconnect the two hoses at the compressor, disconnect the two hoses at the evap on the firewall and hopefully you are replacing the condenser and expansion valve. Just clean the lines replace the o rings and put it all back together. Easy peasy.