LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Continuing our server optimization and thread archiving

Previous thread is in the Site Archives

Edited by SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Welp, let's start the new thread off with a bang! Here's the purchase I alluded to from this post in the previous thread (http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5737762&postcount=4957).

I bought a Gialla my dudes. Sportivo Rear Half Spoiler. :wub: :wub: :wub: Third one in the country I believe, after Ken and Carpenter.

I snagged it old new stock (so still brand new, just never sold), gel-coated, never painted, with original hardware and instructions. Just about as perfect a find as you could have. Bought it from Croooober (Up Garage), and while I WON'T say exactly how much I paid for it, I will say that I got it significantly cheaper than they're available for on JapanParts.

Also the instruction book confirms that it's the same piece for both BM and BR, just so any future buyers be aware.

BRZ5mFT.thumb.jpg.d622caf7bb5424bd3c68afeebc38013e.jpg

x6GY0vy.thumb.jpg.f8c3e687beba689e05b34046e10d61b1.jpg

ootd80q.thumb.jpg.17ee317f4e8682ca3ddd9e0401f39689.jpg

ortay2c.thumb.jpg.04f87dbe46e76da4476e507e9880220c.jpg

AKLD9S6.thumb.jpg.50bf4ed62abfe79122414065f1ff4cc6.jpg

Been accumulating bits and pieces for a few weeks now. All will get installed over the next few weekends, hopefully:

Cheap Anzo Headlights - with DRL mods and led headlight bulbs.

Tein Coilovers - not expecting much, just using as a temporary solution until I can afford konis and as a way to gauge which height I like.

New front bumper with v-limited lip - Cracked the original bumper, that was already in line to get repainted because of rock chips.

Led bulbs - converting all exterior bulbs to led, including tapturn flasher.

Magnaflow catback - Have plenty of go, just need more show...

Bought within the last couple of weeks: IAG Stage I short block (forged pistons, balanced & blueprinted), Invidia catted DP, TGV deletes, Turbosmart diverter valve, and a bunch of stuff for the engine rebuild (oil pump, oil cooler, seals, STI valve springs, etc). Cams from a 2015 STI are enroute.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I started shopping for some 19 inch wheels that are at least 8.5 inches wide (preferably wider) that can clear Brembos. I have a slow leak in at least one of my stock tires that requires refilling every 3-4 weeks, and the tires need replacing soon anyway so new tires means new wheels so I can just go directly to properly sized tires. The options are slim and I've yet to find something I can't say no to. It's either the wrong bolt pattern, not quite the right style, or can't confirm fitment around Brembos. Stupid 5x100s....

I could use suggestions that anyone has. A small-medium amount of thin spokes is ideal, similar to Konig Oversteers.

http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/large/wheels/konig_oversteer_wheels_hero.jpg

I haven't bought anything yet, but I started shopping for some 19 inch wheels that are at least 8.5 inches wide (preferably wider) that can clear Brembos. I have a slow leak in at least one of my stock tires that requires refilling every 3-4 weeks, and the tires need replacing soon anyway so new tires means new wheels so I can just go directly to properly sized tires. The options are slim and I've yet to find something I can't say no to. It's either the wrong bolt pattern, not quite the right style, or can't confirm fitment around Brembos. Stupid 5x100s....

I could use suggestions that anyone has.

TSW Chicane. They come in 19x8.5 +35 5x100. Pretty sure those would clear Brembos. Edited by GTEASER

Hmm, need more suggestions. Those don't quite stir the loins and the TSWs I really like don't seem to have options that fit the STI or exist in the proper size. Then again, the TSW site doesn't say that 19x8.5 Chicanes exist either, so....