LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

The 5th gen LGT's are getting up there in age, and some like mine, in miles.

It's time to start shopping around for a new ride, and I'm kinda lost. my previous car was a 2005 Legacy GT, so Legacy GT's are all I've been driving now for almost a decade.

I'm really wondering what is out there that is in the 30-35K price range that offers a nice ride, AWD, and North of 250HP with a Turbo or supercharger (because I do a LOT of stoplight to stoplight driving and nothing gets me from light to light quicker than boost)

The options seem extremely limited. Almost all newer "Luxury cars" are out of the price range, or don't have the power even if they are and WRX fits the bill until you drive one and find it to be a not so comfortable ride.

So I'm really wondering what have others migrated or plan to migrate to now that the Legacy GT is dead?

Thanks, but I'm more looking for a car (sedan) and I won't be doing any modifications aside from tune / chip no matter what brand.

What about the infiniti Q50 with the new twin turbo (300hp option not the 400hp). It'll prolly come AWD and be mid to upper 30's

Infiniti is the closest i've seen so far, but the upper model starts at 40-45K

I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me lol

they have 2 engines, I figure the lesser of the two (still 300 hp twin turbo) goes into what replaces the G37 (Q50). It should be right under 40.

And I hear you on the wife: she might kill you but more likely she'll just take the car and never let you drive it.

That 400 hp model probably blasts to sixty under 4.5, the 300 might be hovering around 5. So its faster then a stock legacy GT and comparable to stage 1/2 Though since nothings been released just yet its hard to say the actual specs.

Ford Fusion with the 2.7L Ecoboost is actually a pretty fun car. I looked at one but really wanted back into a Subaru when I started searching for the Legacy.

I drive a 300+ hp 3.6R (yeah they actually can gain significant power lol) but I am really curious as to the performance and reliability of that new fusion. I have heard from multiple sources the 3.5 Ecoboost is a problem child and hope this one is durable. It looks like a more livable version of the Focus RS (which absolutely terrifies me because of the complexity of that AWD system)

Ford Fusion with the 2.7L Ecoboost is actually a pretty fun car. I looked at one but really wanted back into a Subaru when I started searching for the Legacy.

The 2017 Ford Fusion Sport is a V6 Ecoboost @ 325hp and AWD. Solid power upgrade over the LGT and pretty comparable all around, including on price. Ford's website says it'll be available this summer. There's also the Taurus SHO, which is a larger power upgrade, but comes with a lot of extra weight.

If I'm looking for something at what the LGT's price range was brand new, my first stop would be the '17 Fusion. If the Fusion doesn't do it for you, then you're probably going to have to be ready to spend more or get something used.

Or... you wait another year or so to see if Subaru actually brings back a turbocharged Legacy to the States.

I drive a 300+ hp 3.6R (yeah they actually can gain significant power lol) but I am really curious as to the performance and reliability of that new fusion. I have heard from multiple sources the 3.5 Ecoboost is a problem child and hope this one is durable. It looks like a more livable version of the Focus RS (which absolutely terrifies me because of the complexity of that AWD system)

The 3.5 EcoBoost is actually pretty reliable. I have a friend that has swapped turbos and is pushing close to 500hp in his F150 SuperCrew and he works on them everyday. He's actually the one that convinced me to seek one rather than go with the 5.0.

The 2017 Ford Fusion Sport is a V6 Ecoboost @ 325hp and AWD. Solid power upgrade over the LGT and pretty comparable all around, including on price. Ford's website says it'll be available this summer. There's also the Taurus SHO, which is a larger power upgrade, but comes with a lot of extra weight.

If I'm looking for something at what the LGT's price range was brand new, my first stop would be the '17 Fusion. If the Fusion doesn't do it for you, then you're probably going to have to be ready to spend more or get something used.

Or... you wait another year or so to see if Subaru actually brings back a turbocharged Legacy to the States.

I agree, the 2017 Sport is the one I was eyeing just a few minutes ago. I haven't driven one of those, the one I drove was the Titanium 2.0 turbo and about the same ballpark as the Legacy but I wasn't quite feeling it as I was wanting the Legacy.

911 997 Turbo or 911 991.2 Carrera GTS

Keep the Legacy as the practical car.

Buy an older outback for a workhorse vehicle.

Well... thats my dream garage at least lol.

Looks like we're living together. I call top bunk

...a Chevrolet SS is at the top of my list. I've had a German car and a few Japanese cars so I think it's probably time for some serious displacement. I would really prefer to keep my LGT though.

If I had to replace my car today, I would buy a new WRX. If Subaru comes out with a new turbo Legacy, I would likely buy that car instead, especially if its a 6MT. That being said I would like to get another 6 years out of my car so my preference could change, if Subaru made a 6MT Legacy DIT or I knew the WRX was going to discontinued a traditional MT, I would make a move to get one of the last ones.