LegacyGT.com

Madrig ,the north BP5 .

madrig

• 2 weeks later...

here are my gauges. it's too bad that the bezels are so frik'in big. madrig could you make lower profile bezels? or less bulky ones? the AEM gauges have to have the bezels to hold the the plastic and inserts in place.

the LHD EDM center consul is an absolute pain to find. and the ones you find are $$$$.

i don't think i'll ever do a radio in mine. i just love hearing the sound of the engine.

IMG_8915.jpg.d89f697a6f2e0f79da7d132105802aae.jpg

• 2 months later...
here are my gauges. it's too bad that the bezels are so frik'in big. madrig could you make lower profile bezels? or less bulky ones? the AEM gauges have to have the bezels to hold the the plastic and inserts in place.

the LHD EDM center consul is an absolute pain to find. and the ones you find are $$$$.

i don't think i'll ever do a radio in mine. i just love hearing the sound of the engine.

Where did you get those carbon trim pieces? Or are they just wrapped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

i run into a problem , my roof was painted , years ago !! i can say now !

when i did it, i carefully choosed the color variant .

ther eis many variant of 33A abp and also difference with manufacturer of paint .no one panel is the same color on my car !

when i decided to do the roof it s was more by emmergency on the rust growing , knowing i didn t have time to paint all car .

no problem here anyway !

last year learning that sherwin william bought valspar the game changed !

one of my supplier was not distributing Debeer , the basecoat that i choosed for the roof .

very annoying for me , knowing i will not repaint the roof , not worth it .

so i investigated to find the best match and i finally found the closer one .

note that i choosed the base coat with the most pearl at first , way nicer , but so pricy :rolleyes:

so i decided to make a real test

i had a spoiler , but is jdm !

IMG_4419.thumb.JPG.ca38e9820f4497baa8ca1c6871a563df.JPG

so first i had to shape it a little to make it match the roof !

turned that i m happy with the color choice

same amount of pearl and very close of the roof match

IMG_2203.thumb.JPG.ee8efdf54b05aae003626fdb00944a1b.JPG

what a relieve ! :spin:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i did the gaz tank change last spring ! yes most of us, with the age of the car and weather condition of some state , you better to keep an eye on it !

so let see why i had a small leak evap code !

IMG_2230.thumb.JPG.2e1bb45e78a2cb752df7604a356557f1.JPG

IMG_2229.thumb.JPG.600c807740b7c291b2e10c4e7309a0d0.JPG

IMG_2228.thumb.JPG.fdad19151a8d3fa4b2d3835c6b80aaf4.JPG

IMG_2227.thumb.JPG.fed4b2c3542cc75d99fc25ce0c60727b.JPG

Edited by madrig

i find a use tank in very good condition .

it look like the wrx 2008 2014 have the same gaz tank , but can not confirm 100%.if it is the same, it make use tank more easy to find .

so i changed a lot of small hose of the evap system , same time the neck filler . be aware that plastic is brittle ont this module and valve so be careful when disconnecting hose .

the main hose , from the neck filler to the tank is discontinued .

i forget to change the seal of the two access port on top ! big mistake cause is so much easy to change it while everything is disconnected .

same time gaz tank is out brake line was changed . honestly 6 month more andeverything will have bursted !

so now , since i invested so much on this car , why stoping here !

the car is going for a full respray ! and fixing all the small thing i never had time to do !

[ATTACH]281179[/ATTACH]

Did you do something so the rear panels don't stick out further than the door?

I definitely did not do that with mine. Mine has a "step" between the door and the rear panels

i find the pictures of your car . look amazing !

i saw what you mean . this is the way it was install . like i said before , i sold a complete panel but you need only the flare to blend on the car .

look at this post

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/madrig-fender-flare-extenson-install-280964.html

also look at post #22 , you can see how i blended the rear flare .there is no step with the door .

i always explain to people you need to cut and grind to install this kit . of course everybody have his way do to it .

i find the pictures of your car . look amazing !

i saw what you mean . this is the way it was install . like i said before , i sold a complete panel but you need only the flare to blend on the car .

look at this post

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/madrig-fender-flare-extenson-install-280964.html

also look at post #22 , you can see how i blended the rear flare .there is no step with the door .

i always explain to people you need to cut and grind to install this kit . of course everybody have his way do to it .

I definitely did it the wrong way. Now I'm gonna want to do it right 🤦*♂️