LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Hey Subaru Fam,

Thought I'd update you all on my post Legacy GT life. As some of you know, I got rid of my LGT for a new Tacoma, but after a year, the truck life was no longer fun so I went back to the sports sedan life.

After mulling around possibilities of going back to the unpredictable world of German sedans, I lucked out and found something I've always wanted to purchase.

A very low mile, last year in a manual, 2014 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT.

That's a mouthful... I know, but you know what else it is?

It's INCREDIBLE.

This chassis, from the factory easily out handles my LGT even after I swapped the suspension.

The SH-AWD is simply amazing, and is completely seamless and "invisible". At the limits you can literally steer with the throttle, all this while the car weighs a good 300lbs more than my Subaru. It literally shrinks around you when you drive it, feeling like a 4 door AWD Acura RSX TYPE S...

Down sides?:

I would say the steering was more communicative in the Subaru, and my LGT definitely dropped the torque waaaay earlier.

This car has a 307HP 3.7 liter 6cyl Vtech, so you have to wind it up to get it's torque, but the engine is so ridiculous creamy and linear, it's like driving racecar or motorcycle. So it's incredibly gratifying. Toe/Heels are so easy, it's almost funny. And we won't even get on the shifter feel, it's a Honda, so it's simply the best.

I've owned Honda's and Acuras before, so it's interesting coming back to the brand after owning so many Subarus and VW's, just so much more refinement.

Anyway, my LGT definitely had a bigger trunk, more spacious back seat, and a much more broad aftermarket community.

The acurazine forum is pathetic compared to here, a bunch "bro's" who mostly don't know anything about car mechanics, but there are some shining moments in the electronics areas.

I would say the gas mileage is about the same on a good day out of boost I could get mileage on the LGT but only by about 1 or 2 mpg.

Overall, I'm extremely happy, and look forward to wheel and tire shopping, as well suspension, but my options are very limited on that front. I'll send you guys/gals pictures as I continue.

Ask any questions you like if you're interested in knowing more about this car.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nice find! Rare to find a 6mt.

Quick update on my lunacy...I still have my Q50, but I picked up a very clean 2005 G35 6MT. My manual itch has been scratched.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Are you going to keep that one stock :lol:

It came modified...

My wife asked me the same question but a different way..."Are you going to modify that one too?"

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Nice find! Rare to find a 6mt.

Quick update on my lunacy...I still have my Q50, but I picked up a very clean 2005 G35 6MT. My manual itch has been scratched.

Those are beautiful cars, but I just hope yours doesn't break down often... seems like as they age they get a lot of electrical issues and such.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Isn't there more variations of the F-150 though? I would prefer a V8 in a full size truck over a V6 in a mid size truck lol

Ranger only comes in a 2.3 turbo, but can tow up to 7600 lbs IIRC. Thats sufficient for most peoples needs, maybe not their wants...

Ranger only comes in a 2.3 turbo, but can tow up to 7600 lbs IIRC. Thats sufficient for most peoples needs, maybe not their wants...

If we are talking about what is sufficient for most peoples needs, then a Honda Ridgeline should be on the radar.

If we are talking about what is sufficient for most peoples needs, then a Honda Ridgeline should be on the radar.

Maybe, the ridgeline is more competitive with SUVs IMO, the awd just doesn't stack up to 4wd offered in midsize trucks and the towing capacity I think is a stretch for it compared to the ranger, canyon, or tacoma.

Maybe, the ridgeline is more competitive with SUVs IMO, the awd just doesn't stack up to 4wd offered in midsize trucks and the towing capacity I think is a stretch for it compared to the ranger, canyon, or tacoma.

Exactly, but for most people it is all the truck they will ever need. Myself, I would like a Gladiator, but can't justify the cost for what you get.

That's cute. You trust Ford transmissions. Even after multiple class-action suits over the craptacular PowerShifts.

I didnt say that, but it's new enough to give a chance. The honda 6at is a known quantity with reliability issues. The 10 spd so far has been able to at least take a beating.

Even more cute you should mention lawsuits against fords while conveniently missing all those against Honda, for...transmissions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

• I Donated
I didnt say that, but it's new enough to give a chance. The honda 6at is a known quantity with reliability issues. The 10 spd so far has been able to at least take a beating.

Even more cute you should mention lawsuits against fords while conveniently missing all those against Honda, for...transmissions.

I thought it was the 5-speed that had the problems, and not the 6-speed?

Possible I am not up on my Honda transmission problems though. I also know the 4-speeds in the early-2000s Civics were pretty awful.

I thought it was the 5-speed that had the problems, and not the 6-speed?

Possible I am not up on my Honda transmission problems though. I also know the 4-speeds in the early-2000s Civics were pretty awful.

6 speeds as well, 9 speeds, and 10 speeds seem to be following the pattern.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...