LegacyGT.com

Spark Plugs???

I'll third that. What I did was go to the NGK USA website and get a list of authorized dealers.

What mileage should it be considered to change the plugs? I have 86k so I know it will be a long time until I have to worry about that.

^I have no experience with the NA EJ's, but from what I've come across online, the factory intervals should be good, or as needed.

The NA EJs look to be not so hard on engine consumables, opposite of the turbo motors that are notoriously hard on them.

I use regular iridium plugs, the special cut Subaru ones are ridiculously expensive and do not make a difference. regular iridium are $7 each at the parts store vs nearly 20 for the Subaru specific ones..

Its the same part, subaru just upsells to make money. Get direct from NGK and youre fine

What mileage should it be considered to change the plugs? I have 86k so I know it will be a long time until I have to worry about that.

Subaru recommends them at 60k. But honestly, they're made much better material (especially the Iridiums) than they used to be, so people can get over 100k on a single set. I'm not recommending that, just stating that it's not uncommon.

• 2 weeks later...