LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I unfortunately don’t have any pictures to contribute, however I have read so many questions in this thread asking about tire size and what it will look like on certain widths.

I see people have already mentioned willtheyfit.com, which I use all the time researching.

There is another great one though that I haven’t seen mentioned, tyrestretch.com. Even if you’re not looking to stretch, it’s a database of basically every wheel/tire combo imaginable. Not as much meaty tire pics, but there not all stretched either.

It’s so helpful to be able to see different brands of tires and how different their sidewall profiles can be depending on wheel width and the resulting effect on fender clearance.

Here is a link that should go straight to the gallery

https://tyrestretch.com/list

Edited by BrandonCB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guys, I’m looking at doing an adaptor of 5x100 to 5x114, 15 mm is pretty standard, and picking up a set wrx wheels or STi wheels. So many people are changing to aftermarket and there is a lot of factory wheels on the cheep. I have a 2012 LGT sedan , do you think an 18x8.5 +40 would work if I did a roll of the fenders? Think 245/40/18 tire .

nice looking set. What offset are your rims & are they 18x8.5?

Ended up going with the 245.45.18 tyre. We fitted a 245.45 on the front and a 245.40 on the back to compare each size. While the 45 profile looks a little more plump......it filled the guards so much better. The 245.40 just looked too small for the car. I'll post up some better photos tomorrow. Just a couple photos from the gas station tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/5DSPKSE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CAGZrzv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RswP0ko.jpg

• 2 months later...
19x9 kudos rims with Pirelli 245x45 also have Adjustables in it. So glad I went for a 19. I originally had 18s which looked too small for my liking.

Excuse the dirty wagon [emoji6]

fa9bc7e1c778b0450ee049b68e82ee57.jpg

33cff0bfca30ba926d271c38d26841ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56af7afcb6c71f9bb021ffb21ccc5acd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

These are Axis X-Factor wheels staggered with 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears with an offset of 40. They have Federal 595 225/40 tires mounted all around (square stance).

I got these off Craigslist from a BRZ owner for a good price. I may sell them because I am not a fan of the staggered setup because I can't rotate the tires. But they do look amazing and the tires feel great. The rear is a tad too stretched for my liking as well.

0nxVwSR.jpg

Edited by ssulb

You really shouldn't do stagger sized wheels, not just because you can't rotate the tires but it also fucks up your diff...

You're right, but I have the same exact 225/40/18 tires mounted on all four corners (square stance). In that case, I don't think I am doing any damage since the wheels are not spinning at different speeds. It would be a different story if I had wider tires mounted in the rear.

Edited by ssulb

You're right, but I have the same exact 225/40/18 tires mounted on all four corners (square stance). In that case, I don't think I am doing any damage since the wheels are not spinning at different speeds. It would be a different story if I had wider tires mounted in the rear.
That not how it works....if you have the same sized tire stretched on a wider rim, you aren't squared. You have a smaller rolling diameter at the rear.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

That not how it works....if you have the same sized tire stretched on a wider rim, you aren't squared. You have a smaller rolling diameter at the rear.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Ah right that makes sense. In my case I put them together side by side and the difference was very very minimal. (Not sure if it is within Subaru spec though.) But I looked at them when they were off the car. So it maybe possible that this changes when the tires gets pushed down by the weight of the car depending how the sidewall acts. I took them off a couple days ago anyways, because I just wanted to see how they look.

Edited by ssulb

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...