LegacyGT.com

Engine rebuild advice

So I bought a 2012 EJ257 short block. Very low mileage around 15,000km. It was replaced under warranty due to oil burning because of a failed injector that washed out a cylinder.

When the oil pan was pulled there was brass and other particles found in it. Is this something I can repair at home with new rotating assembly?

Also will my 05 lgt heads and accessories bolt on?

Thanks!

P.S. my 05 lgt is still running strong at 240,000km even though I don't DD it anymore.

sounds like that short block or the turbo it had, had bearing issues.

Yes after you rebuild that SB and your heads, assemble it using the engine gasket kit for your year car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

?? did you inspect the washed out cylinder wall? If that is damaged you may need to bore it, and then oem pistons go out the window.

Inspect all the surfaces which make contact with the bearings. Thats where the real issues come from, if that brass stuff has worked its way between moving metal parts then you may need new crank, etc.

You won't really know whats up until you pull it all apart. After that you can make a better game plan.