LegacyGT.com

Whats New at Cryotune Performance - Pics,dynosheets,updates etc

cryo

I have wanted to make a thread that showcases some of the fine looking Legacy's and OBXT's we get to calibrate but never get the chance. I may toss a few other models in from time to time as well but more than anything else this thread is just for those who feel like wasting time to scroll through and admire some other peoples pride and joy with results.

Please feel free to comment or ask questions if you want to and hope to get time to keep it updated

Follow us on Facebook and instagram for updates as well.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This 2006 Legacy GT has a high flow downpipe and catback exhaust. These are great numbers for such a simple list of modifications. That torque will definitely be noticed!

237HP and 285TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245168&d=1487537326

298299599_05Legacygtdyno.thumb.png.be3274dc842674ba250ec9075d1059bd.png

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

2006 legacy gt spec b - 170k miles!

Accessport V3 Protune

Cavelli 20g turbo

Injector Dynamics ID1000 injectors

Grimmspeed TMIC

TOMEI UEL headers

External wastegate

GrimmSpeed EBCS

Stromung catback

AEM Performance Electronics 320 fuel pump

349HP and 320TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245167&d=1487536986

270459674_Tonysspecb.jpg.4e5805b781b9a968bcd894462522653e.jpg

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not a LGT but too pretty not to share. This 01 swapped RS put down a healthy amount of HP and TQ for a 2800lb chassis. It has a 2.0L from an 05 WRX, VF39 turbo and intercooler from an STI, Turboback exhaust and a GrimmSpeed 3port boost controller. What a fun little car!

242HP and 232TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245172&d=1487539216

654515161_2001rsdynosmall.png.fbcf2438a4369d4412bdee5c41eb85a3.png

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This 08 Spec B has great list of bolt ons and is putting down great numbers for still being on 91 pump fuel. E85 in the spring will be a great addition but with numbers like that we are going to have to hold back to not push the stock block once we go ethanol.

GrimmSpeed Intake Kit...

Grimmspeed Top mount intercooler

Grimmspeed Electronic boost controller

Grimmspeed Downpipe

Grimmspeed ported TGV Deletes

Cavelli Stage 2 Turbo

Killer B Motorsport Holy Header

Injector Dynamics ID1000 Injectors

HKS Silent Power Exhaust

All brought together with a custom #protune from us via the COBB Tuning #Accessport.

It has a BUNCH of suspension mods being put on now that the tune is wrapped up and this car may eventually end up on the autobahn as the customer has possible plans to take it over to Germany. Either way this car is a lot of fun and the power side of things is just the start to the plans already in store.

350HP and 360TQ on 91oct

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245173&d=1487539459

1545838620_2008SpecBdyno.thumb.png.4c94d3e56eb5c89f4ef91a0503d00198.png

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We love these 6speed 5th gen legacy GT's a bunch. This 2012 is one of the last 227 turbo legacy's that were produced.

These put down great power as this car is packing a Nameless Performance downpipe and a invidia performance Q300 catback exhaust. All wrapped up with a custom #protune using the COBB Tuningtuning #accessport.

For reference a stage 2 sti puts down about 260-270hp and a stage 2 4th gen legacy gt puts down about 240ish.

Very impressive for sure!

260HP and 325TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245174&d=1487540090

107851050_2012LegacyGTdyno1.thumb.png.b907ee4c32abbde3cbbc0c3f21095eda.png

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would honestly say the Blouch turbos are going to be higher quality and I know at one point the cavelli's had some issues with the housings and such. I have calibrated a couple units recently that performed very well but its still to early to tell if the quality has been stepped up to contend with some others on the market.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This OBXT is a great grocery getting wagon that has some scoot! Packing a VF52 turbo off a 2009+ WRX, PERRIN Performance top mounted intercooler and a high flow downpipe we were able to pick up a good amount of usable power. This was all brought together using the COBB Tuning #accessport to build a custom #protune.

265HP and 305TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245200&d=1487541225

2067071274_OBXTdyno.thumb.png.8a906ca2b0b2371fb3173656eb4d7498.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This car put down great numbers for a VF39, GrimmSpeed 3port boost controller, Stock STI tmic, DeatschWerks 850's, Walbro 255 and turbo back exhaust.

All brought together on E85 with a custom #protune using the COBB Tuning Accessport. This car did 270HP and 300TQ on 91 oct so it saw a nice jump from the corn juice.

321HP and 341HP on corn

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245201&d=1487541453

517890345_06LGTdyno.thumb.png.1958edd68d891a0bd8de79a2934031d6.png

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This 2012 LGT has a simple but effective modlist including a nameless catted downpipe, racer x tmic/chargepipe and a custom #protune via the Cobb Tuning #Accessport. It runs great and these things are rare so its always nice working with them

259HP and 314TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245202&d=1487541623

181271195_2012LGTdynosheetsilver.thumb.png.296eecc4771ea18efb891f12233bc112.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was just a few I had pics of on the laptop or camera. Havent had any built motor LGT's with big turbo's recently which is the main reason to go SD but have done a few WRX's, STI's etc in the last couple months. Speed density tuning is actually preferred at that level but is just a different way to dial in fueling which is no big deal when you are used to stand alones like AEM and Haltech that all run SD. I charge an extra $100 to do speed density just cause it takes a little extra time to dial in the fuel map.

I have a upcoming appointment for a 05 FXT on E85 with a GTX2871 on speed density as well as a Engine break in tune on a 06 STI with a GTX3582 in the next couple weeks. Just ironing out some small bugs to make sure both go nice and smooth once they hit the dyno.

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For reference a stage 2 sti puts down about 260-270hp and a stage 2 4th gen legacy gt puts down about 240ish.

Very impressive for sure!

260HP and 325TQ

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245174&d=1487540090

Nice thread. Definitely interesting about the STI vs the 4th gen not being that far apart at Stg 2.

Th3 franz- Yeah omni sensors are tricky and they can fail in such a way sometimes to where they make the ecu think it needs to dump a ton of fuel and hydro lock the engine....not good. There is a way to set the tune up to save that from happening but even still...not good for a part that should work lol

I Have used aem with luck as well

I look forward to hearing your progress as well! If you need any help let me know!

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Th3 franz- Yeah omni sensors are tricky and they can fail in such a way sometimes to where they make the ecu think it needs to dump a ton of fuel and hydro lock the engine....not good. There is a way to set the tune up to save that from happening but even still...not good for a part that should work lol

I Have used aem with luck as well

I look forward to hearing your progress as well! If you need any help let me know!

Dave

I don't know if you'd be willing to share a base ve table for the 2.5L I could use as a rough starting point, especially around low to medium load. I have one kind of roughed out but I think I can log estimated air flow while still running off maf with the AP.

• 3 weeks later...

wow I dont know how I missed this franz. Shoot me an email at cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com and we can discuss your options.

If you have access to a dyno and your maf still in place you can do it real quick based on estimated ve. I had actually never gotten to do that and always had to start from scratch. We played with that feature when I was out at the COBB facility in Austin and was jealous since most of my customers show up with no maf at all lol.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow I dont know how I missed this franz. Shoot me an email at cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com and we can discuss your options.

If you have access to a dyno and your maf still in place you can do it real quick based on estimated ve. I had actually never gotten to do that and always had to start from scratch. We played with that feature when I was out at the COBB facility in Austin and was jealous since most of my customers show up with no maf at all lol.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cryotune Calibrated 05 Legacy gt wagon carzperformance - 250hp and 282tq

These 5speed turbo wagons are becoming harder and harder to find. This one is packing simple stage 2 parts custom protune via a COBB Tuning accessport.

Dave

1984858547_05legacygtMTwagondyno.thumb.jpg.d46eaef7ab8b66eb27280eac867a136e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dave

Dave- Is this your experience with ALL Omni sensors? or just with the 4Bar?

I have been considering the Omni 3Bar, not only out off necessity, but for the simple PnP factor.

Jason