LegacyGT.com

Fuel pump change.

I bought a Deatschwerks fuel pump for my 2005 LGT. I went to change it tonight and it doesn't look like it's gonna fit. If someone has some insight. I would welcome some tips. The new pump does not have the clips to hold it into the fuel pump housing. I can't see any way to make it work, and if it will I need to know what to do with the rest of the fittings in the plastic housing, etc. The listing where I got it says it will fit my car, but I am lost as to how.

Help Please.

Terry

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

• I Donated

There are no clips on the fuel pump itself. The clips are all on the plastic housing. And yes, they are a pain to get off. Remember that the fuel pump is a very small piece inside that plastic housing, and you need to disassemble the housing to get it out.

Here is a tutorial on part of the process:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-avo-fuel-pump-assembly-142101.html

Keep in mind that the DW pump is just the pump itself, not the assembly like the AVO pictured. So you have to get the OEM pump out of the assembly.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have the pump out of the housing and am just wondering what to do if anything to install the new pump. The new pump has no retainer clips like the original. Just wondering if there is a way around this or do I need to exchange my pump?

That's what I mean. The new pump has no clips molded into the top of it. It is just straight up and I can see no way of holding it in the housing. Just wanted to check before I called to make the exchange.

Thanks for the link. I will need to exchange my pump. The ad listed my car, but the pump is the wrong one. I have the DW300 and I need the DW65c. Thanks for you input. No wonder I couldn't figure this crap out. I'm trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

my pump looks the same as the one in the NASIOC DIY thread, which is in a 2011 wrx. which looks pretty different to the AVO walkthrough which is using a legacy i guess? another difference between US and jdm one:mad: i hope the DW65c will work for me without modification. Do the DW pumps come with new fuel filters supplied?

• 1 year later...

FWIW, i'm bumping this because this is what I found out from DW in regards to their fitment guide and the DW300 FP, I find it strange that they do not list fitment for 2008 or 2008 Legacy. I went ahead and contacted DW for further clarification, but M Sprank may also know.

Subaru Legacy 1990-2007 9-0791 9-301-0791

Subaru Legacy GT 2010+ NA *9-301s-1005

The DW65c is direct fit, but it's not a rated at 300+ lph.

Archived