LegacyGT.com

05 brights HID problem...

Hey guys... I have searched high and low, but havnt seen anyone with this problem yet...

I just installed HID lights in my car. I did the fogs and headlights yesterday, and the brights today...

My problem is this. After installing the brights, my little blue "brights" indicator dash light comes on if my fogs are turned on. (wasnt like this untill i put HIDs in the brights) i went back to the stock halogens, and the problem stopped. So i know its the HIDs that cause the problem.

All the lights work fine. But my small case of OCD wont let me ignore the 'brights' indicator that comes on when im not useing my brights... Does anyone know anything about this? Or some sort of fix, short of just going back to stock halogens?

Thank you much.

-Kyle-

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Ive always put HIDs in my high beams... I live in an area where there is a lot of dark roads surrounded by woods. HIDs in the brights are awesome. =)

It was a plug'n'play kit. I know everything is wired the right way... Ive never ran into this problem before...

Yeah... When i turn on the brights, the fogs go off like they are suppose to. But when i turn my brights off, my 'brights' indicator on the dash stays turned on. And its bugging me to always have that little blue light always on...

What is this relay that youre talking about?

HID's in your high beams?

stupid.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

In my area, i drive around for quite a while without switching back and forth. All of our roads are are built in thick woods... So HIDs in the high beams are amazing. Ive had them on all of my cars. But i still have not found a cure to the problem im having... I ended up just taking out the HIDs and going back to stock bulbs in the brights..

Still looking for a fix, though..

Try the independent fog light re-wire mentioned above http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=hid+fog

It is really nice on super dark roads to have your fogs on along with your high beams.....good penetration with high beams and nice low flood lighting to see around the edges on the road.......did mine right after I bought the car and love it.......take about 20 minutes to do. ;) It may remedy your dash light problem too.

PS....I can never understand why folks think having HID high beams is such a bad idea.....isn't the idea of high beams to have brighter more powerful lights????

Flash to pass is illegal anyway...need a better reason?? I see it as another urban myth that all forums are full of!!

Flash to pass is not illegal, and a halogen reflector is not designed for an HID arc shape.

Make sure you tin foil hat is snug!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Thank you to the people with contrstructive ideas... Im going to do the rewire so the fogs stay on. And hope that it solves the dashlight problem.

Flash to pass is illegal in WA state. And i find it to be kind of rude anyways. So i never do it... Haha

And i dont understand why so many people find HID high beams to be so taboo, either... Only thing i can think of is that their roads must be way better lit, than the ones im driving on... HID highs are the best way to go around here...

You have the worst possible headlight setup. Fogs on all the time, HID's in the high beams, I bet you have HID's in the fogs too.

You can't talk about the legality of Flash-To-Pass, and ignore the illegality of HID conversion kits. Technically, FTP is legal in WA. You just can't FTP within 400' of another vehicle. Hardly an issue.

Reflector housings designed for Halogens cannot properly work with an HID bulb.

HIDs in any housing is better than halogen.

You could not be more wrong.

Anywho... You guys dont have a solution. Just opinions. So ill try to take the constuctive ideas and see if it works.. Thanks. Thats all that was needed from my posting for help..

Archived