LegacyGT.com

Need help with turbo/coil over install.

Hey guys I have a set of Bilstien coilovers and a vf52 turbo I can’t find any local shops that want to do it. If there’s any mechanically inclined members that want to take on the job shoot me a message or call at 413/992-8130, I’m located in Amherst ma.

Wow no one wants to do the suspension swap? I thought with the bilstein it was just bolt on. Why not try them yourself? Neither of those are very difficult and there are good guides on here. You wouldn't even need many tools unless the bilsteins are strut inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The suspension isnt Subaru specific they probably have issue with installing used suspension on the car. Find a shop that will install your parts first (for the suspension) have them install the struts/shocks and do an alignment.

The VF52 isn't so simple, you at a min want a base tune ready to flash to get you to the tuners shop or to drive to log to allow the eTuner to tune. Mechanically you could install it but no shop is going to install that turbo for you, to go out and over-boost and damage stuff.

You got the turbo is it new or used or unknown? Next do you have a COBB AccessPort or Opensource Tuning client? If not, get familiar with that first. IF you have all that you might have to expand your search for a shop or weigh DIY.

Def do not install that 52 and drive around on the stock tune (for long or in boost :))

Edited by GEE-OTTO

You'll want to contact Mike Kinsman at tuningalliance@gmail.com he uses ESP's dyno in Sterling MA. ESP can install anything you need.

ESP has done work on my wagon, Mike is the best Tuner for these cars. Your lucky to be near him. Yes, he is that great.

http://www.enhancedstreetperformance.com/

You can tell Mike I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My buddy in Granby did my coilovers and VF52 install. Shops called Built for the East. He's worked on my car a lot so hes pretty familiar with LGTs. If you go you can tell him Jeremy sent you, unless you're a weirdo, then don't tell him :)

I would suggest figuring out what your tuning plan is going to be then have your turbo installed. Then get your tune, whether its an e-tune or pro tune, soon after. What Max suggested is probably your best bet. You could probably have your turbo installed at ESP one day and have the car on the dyno the next if you schedule right. You could also have ESP do some pre-tune leak testing too.

Hey guys I have a set of Bilstien coilovers and a vf52 turbo I can’t find any local shops that want to do it. If there’s any mechanically inclined members that want to take on the job shoot me a message or call at 413/992-8130, I’m located in Amherst ma.

i'm also learning to install a set of coilover. check youtube and there are tons of step by step videos. coilover should be lot more easier and you may not need a compressor to get it done. just unbolt the top mount with a jack holding up the wheel, then slowly lower the jack when all nuts are unbolted, reverse the step for installation. (remember there is a camber bolt attach to the lowest part of the struct, mark it before you start unbolt it)

about the turbo, most hardest part is remove the dpipe. beside, i think you probably need something like cobb ap to reprogram ecu. from what i'd been told is.. yes you can install a turbo in your garage, just don't floor the gas padel on the way going to the tuning shop.

yes it takes little time as a beginner like me, but it's fun to learn.;)

Edited by markc0220k

i'm also learning to install a set of coilover. check youtube and there are tons of step by step videos. coilover should be lot more easier and you may not need a compressor to get it done. just unbolt the top mount with a jack holding up the wheel, then slowly lower the jack when all nuts are unbolted, reverse the step for installation. (remember there is a camber bolt attach to the lowest part of the struct, mark it before you start unbolt it)

about the turbo, most hardest part is remove the dpipe. beside, i think you probably need something like cobb ap to reprogram ecu. from what i'd been told is.. yes you can install a turbo in your garage, just don't floor the gas padel on the way going to the tuning shop.

yes it takes little time as a beginner like me, but it's fun to learn.;)

Hardest part of turbo install is getting the inlet and oil return seated correctly without ripping your inlet. It's not too crazy of an install but those two can be a real pita.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hardest part of turbo install is getting the inlet and oil return seated correctly without ripping your inlet. It's not too crazy of an install but those two can be a real pita.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

oh, yes.. that too.. thanks dwmccauley:)

May be someday we'll hear back from the OP...;)

Hey, mike actually tuned my car via road tune and I paid for the vf52/ intercooler e update. I ended up installing my turbo with some buddies in the garage took about 5 hours lol. Noticed 2 of the studs were missing off the downpipe and the inlet is ripped... still looking for a shop to do the coil overs and maybe the inlet cause I’m kinda lazy. Thanks for all the help.