LegacyGT.com

UPDATE: Subaru Indiana Automotive Plant Tour

Which day of the week would you rather have a plant tour on?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which day of the week would you rather have a plant tour on?

I just wanted to let everyone who is interested know that I have talked to the PR/Tour Director at the SIA plant in Lafayette. Here is what we talked about. Basically, since the elimination of production of the Isuzu Rodeo/Axiom at SIA, there is a lot of construction -- this is due to the the production of the 2006 00X Subaru 7 passenger SUV starting in place of the outgoing Isuzu models. We both agreed that it would be best to wait a while in order for this to be remedied. In fact, she said that the current tour will not even get us into the paint room. She stated that she and a Fuji Heavy Industry Exec just did the tour route and want to improve the tour and it's routing. I suggested a November timeframe. I explained that this would allow the enthusiasts on this board to get plans together, and she agreed, stating that SIA could get past the line contruction for the 00X (or at least farther along). I would like to nail a date down ASAP. Saturdays are OUT, as SIA is not scheduled for any weekend work currently. We would not get to see anything. I would suggest that a Monday or Friday would work best, that way, people traveling in could have the weekend either before (on Monday) or after (on Friday) to have a bit more time - sort of like a three day weekend. I would like to pick a date and let her know so we can get this thing scheduled. I suggest Monday, November 14, OR Friday, November 18. I know that it is not possible to get everyone in agreement, so bascially, I'll just have to pick a date and set it. I want to give SIA as much notice as possible. I want to let her know by next Friday (this will allow for some weekend discussions and to get a poll going) when we, as a group, want to come. Please, give me your opions - then we'll set a poll on the date (say Sunday night), and the poll results will be the date that we choose. thank you all, Rob Catron Frankfort, KY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='RobCatron'] I would like to pick a date and let her know so we can get this thing scheduled. I suggest Monday, November 14, OR Friday, November 18. I know that it is not possible to get everyone in agreement, so bascially, I'll just have to pick a date and set it. I want to give SIA as much notice as possible. [/quote] Correction, Monday is the 15th and Friday is the 19th.

[quote name='SUBE555']I'll make time! This is my last sem and I can take that off if I need to.[/quote] Great. What I would REALLY love is for us to be able to see the 00X. There is a build event in November, and who knows (though I wouldn't get our hopes up too high) Rob

[quote name='bemani'][quote name='RobCatron'] I would like to pick a date and let her know so we can get this thing scheduled. I suggest Monday, November 14, OR Friday, November 18. I know that it is not possible to get everyone in agreement, so bascially, I'll just have to pick a date and set it. I want to give SIA as much notice as possible. [/quote] Correction, Monday is the 15th and Friday is the 19th.[/quote] You would be correct, there.

Just an update. I talked to my SIA contact today, and she has put us down for Friday, November 19 (unless something changes in the next few days via the poll). Thus far, we have 8 people (if the poll count is correct) one of them being me. I have asked to get us a chance to see the new 2006 00X, but that will be a challenge. Rob

Wow, awesome job Rob! Just put it in my Palm! :mrgreen: Want me to ask the MW guys on NASIOC if anyone wants to go or not? I know a few that may. I'm not sure what size of group they're looking at. I'll also inform my rep at SoA.

[quote name='SUBE555']Wow, awesome job Rob! Just put it in my Palm! :mrgreen: Want me to ask the MW guys on NASIOC if anyone wants to go or not? I know a few that may. I'm not sure what size of group they're looking at. I'll also inform my rep at SoA.[/quote] Sure, I wouldn't see any problems with that. I kinda figured we'd have around 15-20 want to go.

[quote name='praedet']I am in as long as I don't have a last minute trip for work. I live in Dayton, OH McCorry, so I would be up for car pool/caravan as you pass through... Ted[/quote] Great. I'm sure somebody could swing through and get you. It would be nice for everyone to coordinate the same hotel to stay at. I will check with my SIA contact to see about any local hotels that offer discounts for SIA customers/groups and report back to everyone. Looks like interest has not sparked as I thought it would, however, even giving everyone a long lead time for planning. We will need to start a Poll soon asking whether or not people want to go or not. The yeahs would be the total going. what do you all think? Rob

Archived