LegacyGT.com

VF52 Billet Wheel Upgrade

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a VF52 that has been rebuilt by a very reputable turbo shop with a billet wheel upgrade and has been ported and polished. I talked to my new tuner who said he can tune it, but the billet wheel is going to be an issue.

Anyone here have the billet wheel upgrade on their VF52 and using stock fueling? Any issues you are having?

Thank you

If that wheel will flow more then a stock vf52, you may not get all the performance your paying for with stock fueling.

Other then that, I really don't know enough about the tuning for that wheel.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

pretty much any jmp turbo has that upgrade

Cool! Good to know! Thanks!

If that wheel will flow more then a stock vf52, you may not get all the performance your paying for with stock fueling.

Other then that, I really don't know enough about the tuning for that wheel.

Ahh okay. Now that makes sense. Thanks!

As said, the issues the tuner is eluding to are that you'll run out of fueling fast on a stock setup with an upgraded VF52.

Ahhh okay now that makes sense. Thanks!

Might sell the car as is, because the junkyard I had bought the motor from is dodging my calls and only responds with the same answer to my emails "ready to ship", and I am getting fed up dealing with these types of people everyday. Even their website is down now >:(

Sounds like you are making a hand grenade and your tuner is too nice. Junkyard engines and billet turbines are bad mix

Well the plan was to rebuild it before putting it in the car. Plan was and will never be throw the junkyard engine in as is.

you know can buy a new shortblock for $1800 or so

Yes but I got a rebuildable core w/ accessories for 1.1k shipped. I can sell the other parts (if they are in good shape) and get some money back. I know someone who is a Subaru Tech who is going to rebuild and replace the current shot motor.